• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

I need to share this

iridecently

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Jun 5, 2020
    Groningen
    I honest to God hoped I would never be part of this statistic and had always thought myself so lucky that, at twenty seven year old, I had never had a traumatising experience because of the actions of another human being. But here I am.

More than one in three women have experienced sexual violence in their life. I am now part of that group.

I thought I was just helping a neighbour living in my building. Before I realised what direction this was taking, he started asking questions about my living situation and relationships. Then he touched my hair. With this big red flag waving in my face I decided to bolt out the door, which he saw as an opportunity to grab my ass and compliment it. I ran up the stairs and basically into my neighbour. It wasn't until I talked to her that I realized what had happened. That I had been assaulted.

I spent the entirety of Wednesday scared to step outside my front door. I am still scared to be alone in my own damn apartment. Police have been informed, the landlord knows what happens, the people at college have been told. All the formal stuff that needed to be done is done and now I need to find a way to at least get to working on being normal again. Physically I am totally fine, but mentally I honestly don't know how I feel.

I am putting this out there because I need to talk about it and not keep it bottled up. Feel free to ask questions or reach out to me either in this thread or through DMs.

Last edited:
    T

TheRedMageGuitarist

Oh my God Iris I am so incredibly sorry you had to deal with that! That is exactly why I moved out of Los Angeles. That shit was happening to me on a daily basis.. It is terribly frightening and you are not alone. I am so glad that you came here and opened up to us about something so deep, personal and traumatic. I am so fucking proud of you that you went and talked to somebody and got the police involved right away because those are the kinds of perverts that don't stop and they don't take no for an answer.

I don't know what the laws are like in your country, but if they refuse to take him in for any type of questioning here in America you can file a restraining order.. Regardless of the situation take this as seriously as you need to take it. I don't blame you for being terrified. You probably feel disgusting, used and heavily violated. As someone who has been a victim of sexual assault dozens and dozens of times, I can let you know That life will get better and you will heal from it. Love you so much. Keep me posted.

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Iris, I am so incredibly sorry you went through that. Like jak said, fucking good job on taking the actions you did so quickly. Itd sad that as women we can’t even be kind to people with out them taking advantage, there are so many out there who are literally wolves in sheep’s clothing. If you need anything we are here for you.
    I can only imagine how upset you are. I don’t know if you can reach out to a friend and have them come stay with you for a couple days maybe so you’re not alone in your apartment or maybe go stay with one of them.
    god girl, I’m so sorry.

Last edited:

iridecently

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Jun 5, 2020
    Groningen
    Iris, I am so incredibly sorry you went through that. Like jak said, fucking good job on taking the actions you did so quickly. Is sad that as women we can’t even be kind be something people with out them taking advantage, there are so many out there who are literally wolves in sheep’s clothing. If you need anything we are here for you.
    I can only imagine how upset you are. I don’t know if you can reach out to a friend and have them come stay with you for a couple days maybe so you’re not alone in your apartment or maybe go stay with one of them.
    god girl, I’m so sorry.
    My mom has been with me since Wednesday, so I haven't been alone. Today I have an appointment with my doctor to see what can be arranged in the way of talking to a psychologist.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    I honest to God hoped I would never be part of this statistic and had always thought myself so lucky that, at twenty seven year old, I had never had a traumatising experience because of the actions of another human being. But here I am.

More than one in three women have experienced sexual violence in their life. I am now part of that group.

I thought I was just helping a neighbour living in my building. Before I realised what direction this was taking, he started asking questions about my living situation and relationships. Then he touched my hair. With this big red flag waving in my face I decided to bolt out the door, which he saw as an opportunity to grab my ass and compliment it. I ran up the stairs and basically into my neighbour. It wasn't until I talked to her that I realized what had happened. That I had been assaulted.

I spent the entirety of Wednesday scared to step outside my front door. I am still scared to be alone in my own damn apartment. Police have been informed, the landlord knows what happens, the people at college have been told. All the formal stuff that needed to be done is done and now I need to find a way to at least get to working on being normal again. Physically I am totally fine, but mentally I honestly don't know how I feel.

I am putting this out there because I need to talk about it and not keep it bottled up. Feel free to ask questions or reach out to me either in this thread or through DMs.
    Kick him in the balls.. or the shin next time. Hell DROP... I know It seems scary.

I'd keep my.phone ready to go live too.. dont record it.. go directly live so the world can see what a piece of shit the guy is.

• Haha
    Reactions: TheRedMageGuitarist
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

John Robinson

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Nashville tn.

first thing you do is call the police,if he assaulted you he has done it to other people too,possibly a child.im so sorry this happened to you,if you need to talk or just blow off steam you can pm me anytime,regards john

Mauro FILHO

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Nov 11, 2019

I'm so sorry that you faced this ugly experienced. Hope you be fine soon

• Love
    Reactions: iridecently

Syn Gates

🦾
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Sep 18, 2019
    Huntington Beach
    Insanely brave of you for sharing this! Insanely brave of you for running out of there, I can only imagine how some might have been paralyzed from fear, and understandably so.

I can’t tell you how much it means to me that you had the bravery to share this with us. This is EXACTLY what this place is for-to help those who have faced real horror and hardship in their lives.

If there is anything that I can do, do not hesitate to reach out on this thread or DM.

So glad that you escaped safely and didn’t bottle this up! We are here for you!

iridecently

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Jun 5, 2020
    Groningen
    Insanely brave of you for sharing this! Insanely brave of you for running out of there, I can only imagine how some might have been paralyzed from fear, and understandably so.

I can’t tell you how much it means to me that you had the bravery to share this with us. This is EXACTLY what this place is for-to help those who have faced real horror and hardship in their lives.

If there is anything that I can do, do not hesitate to reach out on this thread or DM.

So glad that you escaped safely and didn’t bottle this up! We are here for you!
    Honestly thank you so much for taking the time to read this, let alone reply to it. And of course thank you for creating this community where I was able, and felt comfortable enough, to share this story so close after it happened to me.

Being able to speak openly about it and have people who I never or rarely talk to reach out to me with love and support has helped so much in feeling some sense of normalcy again and taking the necessary steps to continue on that path.

So with this I guess I also wanna thank the Synner community, like I did in the secret santa thread, for showing love and support during an incredibly tough time where I was terrified of being alone in my own home, let alone step outside my front door.

Almost two weeks later, I am doing better than I honestly would have dreamed. I have been alone in my home again since Thursday without any sense of panic or anxiety and I have gone outside on my own. On top of that I have arranged mental health support for myself to make sure I stay on this upward trajectory as much as possible.

While this has been a horrifying experience that I truly would not wish in anybody, it has made me realize how lucky I am to have so many people who wanted to help me in any way they could.

So again, from the bottom of my heart: Thank you Syn and the Synner fam for everything ❤️❤️❤️

John Robinson

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Nashville tn.
    Honestly thank you so much for taking the time to read this, let alone reply to it. And of course thank you for creating this community where I was able, and felt comfortable enough, to share this story so close after it happened to me.

Being able to speak openly about it and have people who I never or rarely talk to reach out to me with love and support has helped so much in feeling some sense of normalcy again and taking the necessary steps to continue on that path.

So with this I guess I also wanna thank the Synner community, like I did in the secret santa thread, for showing love and support during an incredibly tough time where I was terrified of being alone in my own home, let alone step outside my front door.

Almost two weeks later, I am doing better than I honestly would have dreamed. I have been alone in my home again since Thursday without any sense of panic or anxiety and I have gone outside on my own. On top of that I have arranged mental health support for myself to make sure I stay on this upward trajectory as much as possible.

While this has been a horrifying experience that I truly would not wish in anybody, it has made me realize how lucky I am to have so many people who wanted to help me in any way they could.

So again, from the bottom of my heart: Thank you Syn and the Synner fam for everything ❤️❤️❤️
    the synner family and the metal community are the best people on the planet,thank you synn and pappa gates for starting this whole big deal

Synner Endless Summer Collection