• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

I need your (music related) questions!

iridecently

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Jun 5, 2020
    Groningen
    So over the past weeks I have been kind of on the hunt for a good streaming format that isn't just me fiddling with my guitar or making stuff in Blender (don't worry, I will continue those as well) and I think I have finally found something I am comfortable with that could also actually be interesting/entertaining to watch.

Once every 1-2 months I wanna do a 'show' called Decent Questions (get it, iridecently -> decent ;)) where I take question(s) that I, or someone from the community has asked and try to answer it to the best of my capabilities. Now these questions can be as strange or niche as you want them to be, there really are no stupid questions. The only thing is I do want them to be music related.

Just some examples that popped into my head:
    • Why are notes named after letters and who thought of that?
    • Does listening to classical music really make kids smarter?
    • Why do people develop different tastes in music?
    And now my appeal to you: Give me all your questions and also let me know if this idea at all sounds interesting to you :geek:

Saphyra

New Student
    Dec 16, 2021
    France
    So over the past weeks I have been kind of on the hunt for a good streaming format that isn't just me fiddling with my guitar or making stuff in Blender (don't worry, I will continue those as well) and I think I have finally found something I am comfortable with that could also actually be interesting/entertaining to watch.

Once every 1-2 months I wanna do a 'show' called Decent Questions (get it, iridecently -> decent ;)) where I take question(s) that I, or someone from the community has asked and try to answer it to the best of my capabilities. Now these questions can be as strange or niche as you want them to be, there really are no stupid questions. The only thing is I do want them to be music related.

Just some examples that popped into my head:
    • Why are notes named after letters and who thought of that?
    • Does listening to classical music really make kids smarter?
    • Why do people develop different tastes in music?
    And now my appeal to you: Give me all your questions and also let me know if this idea at all sounds interesting to you :geek:
    This idea is great because it would be interesting to know each point of view :)
    And I have some questions but I don't know if it's really relevant : what you call someone a progidy person ? It's generally for kids ? Does this word have enough sense ?

Why I ask theses questions ? Well once, I talked with someone who played piano before in school and we were talking about some classical piece
    At a moment, I told him that I am learning "Fantaisie impromtue" by Chopin which is one of the hardest piece of Chopin's music, and like I don't play yet all the piece (I am like at 10 % 😅😅 maybe less) and I told me my age (I was 20 when we talked about that)
    He said : " Wow you are only 20 ans you learn Fantaisie impromptue ? You are a progidy "
    Honestly I was flaterred but I don't know if I should be called a progidy for that, moreover I was already 20 so I wasn't a kid anymore

Sorry for the long pavement 😅 but I need to see more point of view

• Love
    Reactions: iridecently

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    I love this idea!!!!!
    About the naming notes after alphabet letters: why is this method not used everywhere? Who thought of naming the notes as Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol etc.. As it is used here in Italy for example? And which method came first?

• Love
    Reactions: iridecently
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Saphyra

New Student
    Dec 16, 2021
    France
    Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do is fairly universal I think (at least I know its the same in Dutch and German...).
    But for example in German the notes aren't A, B, C, D, E, F, G but instead the B is an H 😅
    So if I understand well the notes in german are the same in France and Italy or it's like you said A (Do/C) H (Ré/D), C(Mi/E), D(Fa/F), E(Sol/G), F(La/A), G(Si/B) ?

iridecently

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Jun 5, 2020
    Groningen
    So if I understand well the notes in german are the same in France and Italy or it's like you said A (Do/C) H (Ré/D), C(Mi/E), D(Fa/F), E(Sol/G), F(La/A), G(Si/B) ?
    As far as I know, notes are the same everywhere. The letter and Do Re Mi 'systems' just exist parallel to each other. And for some reason for the letters, Germany says H where other countries say B 😂