• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

I want some motivation from all of you guys

1nonlyAzrael

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Canada
Hey guys. So from sometime i was taking a break of playing guitar and starting to play the guitar again and its going back and fourth. Some day i would be like i want to play guitar for 1 or 2 hours but i just play guitar for like 15 or 10 minutes. I want to take guitar seriously and im not really motivate and it also really bugging me that i sometimes quit and watch covers of people play songs on the guitar on YouTube and right now high school is somewhat taking all my energy down which im too tried to play guitar but on the weekends i dont have a guitar at home and ii want one but i use a guitar at a drop in center for teens and i play guitar there but i only play guitar there on Saturdays but its only open one week and a weekend but on school days its open but im not really motivate to play guitar and i dont have the time to since im in high school. So i dont what to do. P.S I love you guys you guys are like my second family to me.

Manvir B

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Kingston, England
I went through this phase not to long ago and I believe it's completely normal. I can't really tell you what to do because everyone is different, however what helped me was like I said before, i sat down and i wondered why i wanted to play guitar in the first place, understanding why I chose to do this helped clear my mind and set goals. Another thing that helped me was just watching my favourite guitarists play and talk about music or anything in general. These are the people I idolise so listening to them talk about how they overcame stuff and did things helped me a lot. College tires me out super hard too so it's completely normal to not wanna play. I hoped this helped a little bit, other will have some more useful stuff, especially the boomers they've been through alot more than me in their lives.
I can suggest some videos of Syn that helped motivate me some more. :

Rick Beato with Syn : Synyster gates podcast : Ernie ball String Theory with Syn and Zacky : ( i found this one really relaxing and motivating, have a listen to this one if you have time)

• Love
Reactions: 1nonlyAzrael

Mariler

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Nov 11, 2019
Zaragoza, Spain
Learning guitar is a long way and there’s a lot of frustrating moments along the way. Sometimes you are too tired or too busy to practice, that’s normal. But as @Manvir B just said it is important that you set your goals, being always realistic and reachable. Make sure what you wanna get and go for it. Motivation will come and go. Try to learn the stuff you like, something easy for you and that you enjoy playing. Don’t compare yourself with the shredders out there because they must’ve practiced countless hours before getting there. Just try to enjoy your practice, and it is good to be consistent, even if it’s only 15 minutes a day. You’ll see better results if you try to practice every day, but don’t worry if you can’t, because high school can be tough. Wait till you have vacation and practice longer then. Don’t get stressed out. Guitar takes long years to learn. Just try to enjoy your learning.

Reactions: Manvir B

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
Staff member
Legend+
Fucking Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Forget "learning" or "getting better" for a few weeks. Just play what you love. Play something that makes you smile. Doesn't matter what it is. We get wrapped up in the bonds of progress and often forget - this is supposed to be fun! Sometimes "fun" to me is working my ass off on something difficult to play. Sometimes I don't have that kind of time or energy - so I pick up the guitar for 5 minutes and play a Beatles song. I smile and go on with my day.
Balance.
pg

1nonlyAzrael

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Canada
Forget "learning" or "getting better" for a few weeks. Just play what you love. Play something that makes you smile. Doesn't matter what it is. We get wrapped up in the bonds of progress and often forget - this is supposed to be fun! Sometimes "fun" to me is working my ass off on something difficult to play. Sometimes I don't have that kind of time or energy - so I pick up the guitar for 5 minutes and play a Beatles song. I smile and go on with my day.
Balance.
pg
I mostly do learn the song that i like but its mostly avenged sevenfold songs but i only song i to know how to play from you guys is a cover that you guys did it is As tears go by and i just want to learn something else instead of playing that song over and over again in my guitar class at school. In my class we wait until everyone is ready and i am mostly first one to be ready and i just sit there and play as tears go by until we start.But yeah also thanks papa

Synner Endless Summer Collection