• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

If you could play one full album on guitar, which one would it be?

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    I'd go for Pop classics, a CD I already listened to as a kid. It's a compilation album.

Tracklist
    1 Meat Loaf– Bat Out Of Hell 4:45
    2 Boston– More Than A Feeling 3:26
    3 Kansas (2)– Carry On Wayward Son 3:28
    4 Spin Doctors– Two Princes 4:18
    5 The Gun– Race With The Devil 3:37
    6 Alice Cooper (2)– Poison 4:04
    7 Europe (2)– The Final Countdown 5:11
    8 The Byrds– So You Want To Be A Rock 'N' Roll Star 2:07
    9 The Doobie Brothers– Long Train Running' (Live) 6:00
    10 Blood, Sweat & Tears*– Spinning Wheel 2:41
    11 Mott The Hoople– All The Young Dudes 3:30
    12 Ram Jam– Black Betty 2:29​

Gabriel Silva

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    11 years ago, when I started listening to A7X, I discovered Nightmare album and I said to myself "this sounds so great that it literally makes me want to learn electric guitar", so I did and now I can play most of it's tracks, there's still some solos to learn like Save Me, but for now it's hard af hahaahaha.

Jamie London

GYNNER
    Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    Pink Moon by Nick Drake. It features some of the most beautiful guitar playing and songwriting I’ve ever heard. It’s a lot of finger picked, British folk stuff, which I’m horrible at, so it’s pretty unobtainable to me otherwise 😂 But if I could play any album front to back, it would definitely be that one

Last edited:
    Synner Endless Summer Collection
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Good question! I don't think there's one, full, studio album that I've decided to learn. For a while, early on guitar wise, I did mess around with playing along to Sabbath's "Live at Last" album (which is actually more of a bootleg than an actual live album), but I don't think I learned every single song on the album; a lot of those Iommi solos are quite challenging (well, for me, anyway).

In terms of someone else's album that I wish I could play along to? I'd probably go for something by Van Halen, something from a real, virtuoso player.

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    For the guitarist I am and aspire to be at my age, I'm going to go with the new album from Andy Timmons, Electric Truth. Andy's touch, feel, taste, phrasing and tone are incomparable, and he's also got chops to burn - when he wants to.

Timmons is great. Correct me if I'm wrong, Ed, but didn't he do a bunch of session work for Danger, Danger back in the day? For some reason I think he did, but I could be totally wrong.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Timmons is great. Correct me if I'm wrong, Ed, but didn't he do a bunch of session work for Danger, Danger back in the day? For some reason I think he did, but I could be totally wrong.

Wasn't session work - he was a writing, recording, touring member of the band. The one album and tour I know he was on was "Screw It!" which had some solid material, but he's since mellowed into a crazy chill tone monster.

Reactions: Edward John