• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

If You've Posted a Riff Recently, Check This Out!

J

Jak Angelescu

Hey everyone, to combat the terrible situation of not being able to comment directly on someone’s video, I’m doing this new method of leaving commentary feedback. That way, everyone can see it and hope get something from it, too! I haven’t been leaving any feedback lately on YouTube because when you’re trying to do it for multiple people, it takes a lot of extra clicking and back clicking and forward clicking and finding where you left off at and what not. So I typed some things out while I was watching and listening to some students play, and I’m leaving it here. This is my feedback for what I saw…
Henry Cheuk-Pang Wong “While She Sleeps”- I seriously hope you know just how much you’ve improved since I last watched your videos almost 6 months ago. Your timing, clarity, and so much more has improved drastically. I can’t even tell you’re the same guitarist. It seemed like there were some difficultly-timed, synchpated parts and you nailed it. The only thing I’d suggest is that during the tapping part, take your string muter off the headstock area and practice it without it. Those are great for studio sessions, but you can’t use them live. That way, you know for a fact you can tap it clearly and precisely!
MNR SYN “Coming Home” Solo – I don’t know how you get such a shreddy sound on that type of guitar. You always amaze me with your accuracy and touch! That solo was note for note and I love how you didn’t leave out the awesome vibratos! You truly are an inspiration to me! My only suggestion is that I see you play sitting down a lot. And you’re at a high-professional level of guitar playing. I think the next challenge for you is to play this stuff standing up and get out and play if you can 🙂
Adolfo Gutiérrez “Beast and the Harlot” Solo Cover – This was nuts! I loved how with your camera angle you can clearly see how you switch your picking method to tackle the pinch harmonic and the super – shreddy alternate picking parts. Very good job! Those who want to enhance their techniques would benefit from watching your videos! Excellent pinky strength and work, too! Perhaps you could share some tips for the rest of us about how you got your pinky work to be so proficient!
MNR SYN “SHREDDDD!” – This seems really cool! Except for the fact we can’t hear the backing track. Your level of skill is getting just absolutely fucking nuts. Could you make it to where we can hear the music you’re playing along with?
Lee McCoy “Nightmare Talent Show” – DUDE! Do you know how much GUTS it takes to do this?! To get up there alone and nail a challenging solo?! And the crowd went WILD for you about three seconds in with due reason! Congratulations on winning man! This is what being a musician is all about!
I’ll do this every week 🙂 You guys are kicking ass!
~Jak

Rezasa

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Indonesia
    www.youtube.com
    This is a good idea to talk about everybody’s riffs since the comment section was off.
    Thanks for the appreciation on my Coming Home solo cover Jak! I do play guitar standing up on music festivals with my band, but my room is really small and cannot get enough good angle for the video, I think I should try record a video in a studio later.
    Do you want to hear the backing track only? I can remove my lead playing from the track.