• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

I'm Fucking LIVID

J

Jak Angelescu

Notice anything wrong with this picture? I'm quite literally naive to anything tremolo related, and so when I pay $95 plus $15 for a platinum setup and Paradigm strings I better be able to play this thing longer than 48 seconds. I thought my first setup was great. Until I got home and the bridge had fallen back into Anubis's cavity. His action was too low. They offered to fix it. Not even kidding 48 seconds later a whole bend snaps the high E string. I have my final recording session this Friday and yet again if I can't get a refund or get him restrung in time I'm gonna have to push it back. I'm so heartbroken because I love this guitar and I haven't been able to properly play on him in a week 😞😞 I was so excited. I thought that luthier at guitar center was a good one. If anyone can put a "how to restring a floyd rose" in the Guitar Troubleshooting section I'd seriously be forever grateful.

Attachments

• 20191208_141901.jpg
    20191208_141901.jpg
    893.6 KB · Views: 91

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
That Sucks!

Where did it snap? Bending is generally a tricky thing with string snapping but it can also be that there's something sharp pointing out in the saddle which causes the string to break, it's a little bit shitty that the luthier didn't do it properly

I think @Ed Seith made a video about restringing a Floyd rose but I'm not sure. I just know that when you want to restring. Floyd rose you should put something in between the body and the Floyd rose to make sure it stays parallel with the body

Also, you know guitars are female right😜

J

Jak Angelescu

That Sucks!

Where did it snap? Bending is generally a tricky thing with string snapping but it can also be that there's something sharp pointing out in the saddle which causes the string to break, it's a little bit shitty that the luthier didn't do it properly

I think @Ed Seith made a video about restringing a Floyd rose but I'm not sure. I just know that when you want to restring. Floyd rose you should put something in between the body and the Floyd rose to make sure it stays parallel with the body

Also, you know guitars are female right😜
I don't do girls. All of my guitars are males except for one😂😂
Besides, Anubis is far too handsome and masculine looking to be considered a chick. As a matter of fact all my guitars kind of are except for one lol!

J

Jak Angelescu

Don't know if this helps you in any way but although I don't have a floyd I watched his video and found it to be pretty interesting. Maybe it gets you somewhere. Both thumbs pressed it will work out till friday.

Thank you so much for this video! I will watch it right away! I know that a long time ago I asked Ed to make a video about this but I'm not sure if he did

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Thank you so much for this video! I will watch it right away! I know that a long time ago I asked Ed to make a video about this but I'm not sure if he did

This is really long, but it goes into a LOT of detail about how Floyds work and how to make adjustments and setup and all.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Problem solved in about 10 minutes. Love this school 😂
    And as always, Captain Ed saved the day. @Ed Seith you need your own super hero costume... maybe made of leather? :ROFLMAO:

Not true, Dominik! You posted the Music is Win link first, and it's far more concise and focused specifically on Jak's need. I'd suggest she watch his vid to get Anubis back on his feet, and then watch mine to learn how to keep him there :cool:

J

Jak Angelescu

I'm just so upset. They're not refunding my money or replacing the strings. I essentially threw out the window $110. They're willing to have another tech fix it but they're not gonna replace my strings and at this point I'm beyond fucking mad and don't know if the next genius is going to do the same thing. I'm just getting broken-hearted because shit keeps preventing us from getting into the studio and I'm just so frustrated😞😞

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I'm just getting broken-hearted because shit keeps preventing us from getting into the studio and I'm just so frustrated😞😞

A good friend of mine once told me "Try to remember that with big breakdowns come big breakthroughs " 😜
    Seriously, all that shit happening right now will make it all even more rewarding when it all goes well in the end. :)

J

Jak Angelescu

A good friend of mine once told me "Try to remember that with big breakdowns come big breakthroughs " 😜
    Seriously, all that shit happening right now will make it all even more rewarding when it all goes well in the end. :)
    Thank you. This is a good change of direction. For me to finally stop being a big sissy and change the shit myself🤘💪

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Thank you. This is a good change of direction. For me to finally stop being a big sissy and change the shit myself🤘💪

Amen, the easiest way to waste money as a musician is to fail to learn how to maintain your own gear, at least the basic stuff. Well, that and coke, but you get the idea.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Amen, the easiest way to waste money as a musician is to fail to learn how to maintain your own gear, at least the basic stuff. Well, that and coke, but you get the idea.
    That's the beauty of being a musician with internet access nowadays, isn't it? If you are willing, you can learn almost everything by yourself, without spending tons at the wrong place.

Hector Trejo

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Houston, TX
    Yeah restringing a floyd rose is just one of those terrifying things you just kinda have to do. Like ripping off a band-aid. I think my guitar teacher at the time had to show me about 4 times before I had the nerves to finally attempt it on my own. Just take it one step at a time! If you are still not able to get it restrung and recording day is approaching, message me directly! You ain't gonna be pushing that recording date back! Not on my watch!