• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

I'm Fucking LIVID

J

Jak Angelescu

Yeah restringing a floyd rose is just one of those terrifying things you just kinda have to do. Like ripping off a band-aid. I think my guitar teacher at the time had to show me about 4 times before I had the nerves to finally attempt it on my own. Just take it one step at a time! If you are still not able to get it restrung and recording day is approaching, message me directly! You ain't gonna be pushing that recording date back! Not on my watch!
Thanks Hector 🥰

Kai C

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Naha Okinawa
Sorry that's happening. I have to restring my Syn custom and I want to put 10-52s on (currently has 10-46) so I'll be right there with you learning how to do this and it's scary. But I'm really glad to see I'm not the only one who names my guitars. My strat is Gypsy, my accoustic is Nomad, my Syn is Nightingale (the only female), my bass is Dumb Bitch, and my pawn shop Ibanez is Junky.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Hope you get things sorted before Friday Jak! Taming a Floyd can be a frustrating challenge, but like most challenges the more you do it the easier it gets. Dive in and get those hands dirty, you can do it.

We don't have Guitar Centre here in Australia, so can't comment from experience, but from what I have heard on other forums they are best avoided. I would suggest finding a good local luthier to look after your future set up and repair needs. Most independant music stores will be able to point you in the direction of a few.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Sorry that's happening. I have to restring my Syn custom and I want to put 10-52s on (currently has 10-46) so I'll be right there with you learning how to do this and it's scary. But I'm really glad to see I'm not the only one who names my guitars. My strat is Gypsy, my accoustic is Nomad, my Syn is Nightingale (the only female), my bass is Dumb Bitch, and my pawn shop Ibanez is Junky.

Watch my floyd video I linked earlier. A big part of why it was so long was changing string gauges and tuning.

Reactions: Kai C and carlosmqr
    Synner Endless Summer Collection
    Synner Endless Summer Collection
    That Sucks!

Where did it snap? Bending is generally a tricky thing with string snapping but it can also be that there's something sharp pointing out in the saddle which causes the string to break, it's a little bit shitty that the luthier didn't do it properly

I think @Ed Seith made a video about restringing a Floyd rose but I'm not sure. I just know that when you want to restring. Floyd rose you should put something in between the body and the Floyd rose to make sure it stays parallel with the body

Also, you know guitars are female right😜
    😂 That's right! Guitars are female!

I'm just so upset. They're not refunding my money or replacing the strings. I essentially threw out the window $110. They're willing to have another tech fix it but they're not gonna replace my strings and at this point I'm beyond fucking mad and don't know if the next genius is going to do the same thing. I'm just getting broken-hearted because shit keeps preventing us from getting into the studio and I'm just so frustrated😞😞
    That really sucks! Such BS. Not smart in the long run, they should make sure clients are happy so they come back. I hope you get Anubis ready in time. We love you Jak, stay strong. We all empathize with your frustration.