• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

I'm going outside

Firsty Lasty

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hello friends.

I've become a lot less active here recently. I decided today the best thing to do would be to leave a quick explanation why. I realized that the best thing I could do for my health and well-being was to disconnect from electronic entertainment a bit. Mostly this means youtube, music, and video games, but it also includes habits such as checking this site constantly. I'm not doing a full "dopamine fast", but the daily routine of using almost every free minute to feed stimulation into my brain had to stop.

What I'm doing instead is cleaning up, taking walks, and trying to get back into disc golf (I can't throw 250ft lol). Playing guitar is still on the menu. I feel like the less entertainment I consume the easier it is to feel creative and enjoy the sound of the instrument. My advice for anyone who feels like they have to force themselves to practice guitar- if you're doing something else instead instead which is self-negating and stealing your attention for no benefit, try cutting it from your life for a few days. See what happens.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
That's great that it works for you!

I personally just don't play guitar Sometimes because I don't feel like it regardless of the situation. As far as negating my energy not for my benefit, most of the things are a give and take so they won't always be for my own personal benefit in that point of time (this mostly counts for social interactions). In the end for me personally playing guitar is still a hobby I do in my free time so I kinda just want to do something I enjoy there, if that's playing video games I'll play video games, if it's hanging out with my friends it's hanging out with my friend and if I want to play guitar I'll play guitar.

Just my perspective on this really😅

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Hello friends.

I've become a lot less active here recently. I decided today the best thing to do would be to leave a quick explanation why. I realized that the best thing I could do for my health and well-being was to disconnect from electronic entertainment a bit. Mostly this means youtube, music, and video games, but it also includes habits such as checking this site constantly. I'm not doing a full "dopamine fast", but the daily routine of using almost every free minute to feed stimulation into my brain had to stop.

What I'm doing instead is cleaning up, taking walks, and trying to get back into disc golf (I can't throw 250ft lol). Playing guitar is still on the menu. I feel like the less entertainment I consume the easier it is to feel creative and enjoy the sound of the instrument. My advice for anyone who feels like they have to force themselves to practice guitar- if you're doing something else instead instead which is self-negating and stealing your attention for no benefit, try cutting it from your life for a few days. See what happens.
    Totally makes Sense! Thanks for sharing! That's something I should try to do more as Well.

However maybe Not regarding this Site, as it's a huge source of Inspiration to play for me

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    It did me a lot of good could probably use a little more. Disco Golf sounds like a lot of fun :D
    I quit gaming for about a year now, I was really hardcore for over 10 years.
    Had over a year in-game time, so I spent over a year of my life actively battling.
    Waste of time cause I never made/joined a team for E-Sports, always played solo.
    I'm trying to get some peace of mind too, taking a step back and getting a better look has been beneficial.
    Stay strong and safe!
    Just woke up, not sure what to say

Synner Endless Summer Collection