• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

I'm going to do it! (Change tuning on syn custom-s)

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Floyds are so easy to change tunings on or to retune once you know that blocking the trem in the back is the key to all of it. On top of that, they hold tuning better than I ever thought possible, or at least the German Floyds do. I have an old Schecter that had the 1000 series Floyd and it was TERRIBLE. From the day that I purchased it new, it would never return to pitch. The trem arm even snapped in half after like a month or two of normal use. They were advertised as being identical to the real German Floyds, but this was a lie. The metals were obviously weaker and I even compared the individual parts to the German part when I swapped out the 1000 series Korean one, and literally every part had slightly different shapes. I tuned that guitar once in the last 6 months using possibly the most accurate and sensitive pedal tuners ever made, the Sonic Research Turbo Tuner, and it has stayed in absolute perfect tune since that first tuning. You'd think humidity changes would have knocked it even the slightest bit out of tune, especially given that I stripped all of the paint off of the guitar and it is just bare mahogany now, but nope. Not even slightly out of tune. Real Floyds are incredible and should never be feared.

Reactions: Shawn Lennie
Synner Endless Summer Collection