• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

I'm Not Happy With Some Things Here

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I've been going through a lot of changes and trying to take better care of myself. I learned a lot of stuff about music not only just how to make it. Since a month before the lessons went down I had already started trying to process the stuff and work it into my playing. Still working on it, if I guessed how much I improved, it's probably sevenfold or more, but that's just how I feel about it. I've had some dislocated shoulders, concussions and lot's of stress I've been trying to keep to myself. My 2 new birds since a year chat a lot, started drumming, early dark, neighbor trouble, physical therapy and since a month or 2, I started the heavy bag. I'm not social, it holds me back in ways more than just music, I don't want to accidentally make comments that may seem mean. I'm a bit sensitive and sometimes I think others could be the same. IRL I'm the guy that says hi one day to everybody and the next day I don't look at anyone. It's a problem, sometimes I feel like a ghost. Normally I would just stay home on those days but I'm forcing myself out. I'm trying to keep my focus on getting better at music separate, even though I do want to connect more. I've been missing the lessons. I joined when the site started but had a problem that took me out for nearly 2 years. When I started here I noticed I was a bit like "Stan", not that extreme, but I chose to disconnect since I feel close even though not being.
    It's weird for me in a lot of ways.
    I'm probably going to delete this in a day but these are some things

There's also other stuff I worry about that I feel I need to be ready for but have no idea what it is
    i got lots of pain

Last edited:

Steven Huth

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I'm going to throw my two cents in here because I care and am passionate about seeing this place flourish:

Calling the Synner channel on the Deathbats Club discord server a trash fire is, for sure, not a way to bring those students back to this site. To be quite frank, it's the complete opposite of being a welcoming community that brings people together through music and guitar learning. If I was a brand-new student and I saw Synner community members saying that my conversations in the discord are worthless and non-engaging, why would I ever want to be a part of a community who thinks my contributions to others are annoying and meaningless?

Believe it or not, the discord sees what you guys post on here.

If we want to turn it around, then we need to start putting the school in a position to succeed that shows that this community is worth being around and that all feedback and contributions are welcome.

The perfect opportunity for the reset button is here because of the videos being down, let's not waste away the chance to make a comeback and make this place bigger and better than it ever has been.

With all that being said, I am grateful for what Syn and PG have given us and I'm excited to see what Synner 2.0 has in store for existing and new members alike.

JakAngelescu

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Aug 12, 2022
    I'm going to throw my two cents in here because I care and am passionate about seeing this place flourish:

Calling the Synner channel on the Deathbats Club discord server a trash fire is, for sure, not a way to bring those students back to this site. To be quite frank, it's the complete opposite of being a welcoming community that brings people together through music and guitar learning. If I was a brand-new student and I saw Synner community members saying that my conversations in the discord are worthless and non-engaging, why would I ever want to be a part of a community who thinks my contributions to others are annoying and meaningless?

If we want to turn it around, then we need to start putting the school in a position to succeed that shows that this community is worth being around and that all feedback and contributions are welcome.

The perfect opportunity for the reset button is here because of the videos being down, let's not waste away the chance to make a comeback and make this place bigger and better than it ever has been.

With all that being said, I am grateful for what Syn and PG have given us and I'm excited to see what Synner 2.0 has in store for existing and new members alike.
    I get what you're saying, but by the same token it also doesn't represent this school well at all when people are posting here asking for help and no one helps except maybe one. So they go to the discord and they get ignored. I've had 2 students write me privately about the discord and say they left because it had an incredibly thick cliquey vibe and it wasn't helpful at all. So that also doesn't represent the community well.

And honestly, it's odd that the discord people read what's here but I see them asking questions about stuff that's already been answered here a million times.

We can see that posts on here will have 112 views but only one response. So my question is, why are they so apt to responding and engaging on discord but not here?

I do see your point about calling it a trash fire, but I think that's said based off personal experience. If someone gets ignored in there, doesn't get any help but others do, they're going to be prone to not like it.

I personally see how discord can be helpful. But Syn always wanted to keep the action here. He made an app to make engaging easier, I'm just not seeing the connection everyone prefers the discord server over the site.

Not to mention, you have to have nitro to post long videos there for help. YouTube isn't supported there at least from my attempts, and not everyone has an IG account. People like William aren't on social media, but he posts in the riffs constantly here. He's missing out on valuable criticism and support because he can't post in discord without paying extra for nitro.

Good to see you here, brother🙏

JakAngelescu

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Aug 12, 2022
    I've been a lurker since 2018. Im gonna get hate for this but the real reason why this site is dead because of Syn. He hyped it up. This site attracted people because of him. Most don't give a shit about the community or this " pyramid scheme". They came here for him. They can get their guitar lessons for free from other guitar gods. He's not the only one. That's the honest to God truth. And it's strange to follow him on social media,
    like twitter where he swears off ig( but really is twitter any better) so strange... im not going into that. This is my first and last post...so hello and goodbye forever and a day

I've been going through a lot of changes and trying to take better care of myself. I learned a lot of stuff about music not only just how to make it. Since a month before the lessons went down I had already started trying to process the stuff and work it into my playing. Still working on it, if I guessed how much I improved, it's probably sevenfold or more, but that's just how I feel about it. I've had some dislocated shoulders, concussions and lot's of stress I've been trying to keep to myself. My 2 new birds since a year chat a lot, started drumming, early dark, neighbor trouble, physical therapy and since a month or 2, I started the heavy bag. I'm not social, it holds me back in ways more than just music, I don't want to accidentally make comments that may seem mean. I'm a bit sensitive and sometimes I think others could be the same. IRL I'm the guy that says hi one day to everybody and the next day I don't look at anyone. It's a problem, sometimes I feel like a ghost. Normally I would just stay home on those days but I'm forcing myself out. I'm trying to keep my focus on getting better at music separate, even though I do want to connect more. I've been missing the lessons. I joined when the site started but had a problem that took me out for nearly 2 years. When I started here I noticed I was a bit like "Stan", not that extreme, but I chose to disconnect since I feel close even though not being.

There's also other stuff I worry about that I feel I need to be ready for but have no idea what it is
    i got lots of pain
    William you've always been so amazing here. I hope whatever you're going through gets healed fast🙏

Reactions: William B.

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com

I agree with you. Build a more united community, where students feel that they are part of this and not just that they come to pay a membership and watch videos. i know this amazing place is more than that, where syn and his dad have put their hearts and all their knowledge, totally grateful!❤️
    and about discord, I stopped leaving comments, for the same reason and for reading comments bothering other users., simply dont like it.
    Much love!!! ❤️

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com

i got lots of pain

It sure sounds like you've had a rough road, my friend, and I can assure you, you've become a welcome presence here on the site. We've even joked about disabling delete for you because you post some great thoughts and comments, and then second-guess yourself and delete some really good stuff. Of course, we would never ACTUALLY do that, but I say this to you to reinforce how much of a welcome presence you are here and how much great discussion you are a part of before you delete it.

I do get it, but I will also encourage you to keep pushing yourself "outside." It's worth it.

I did a heavy bag for a while - it was a lot of fun, but the last time we moved, I no longer had a place to hang the bag, and I let it go. Make sure you're wrapping your hands well!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Steven Huth

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I get what you're saying, but by the same token it also doesn't represent this school well at all when people are posting here asking for help and no one helps except maybe one. So they go to the discord and they get ignored. I've had 2 students write me privately about the discord and say they left because it had an incredibly thick cliquey vibe and it wasn't helpful at all. So that also doesn't represent the community well.

And honestly, it's odd that the discord people read what's here but I see them asking questions about stuff that's already been answered here a million times.

We can see that posts on here will have 112 views but only one response. So my question is, why are they so apt to responding and engaging on discord but not here?

I do see your point about calling it a trash fire, but I think that's said based off personal experience. If someone gets ignored in there, doesn't get any help but others do, they're going to be prone to not like it.

I personally see how discord can be helpful. But Syn always wanted to keep the action here. He made an app to make engaging easier, I'm just not seeing the connection everyone prefers the discord server over the site.

Not to mention, you have to have nitro to post long videos there for help. YouTube isn't supported there at least from my attempts, and not everyone has an IG account. People like William aren't on social media, but he posts in the riffs constantly here. He's missing out on valuable criticism and support because he can't post in discord without paying extra for nitro.

Good to see you here, brother🙏
    There isn't going to be a one size fits all solution for everyone. That's just how life works. Things that are helpful for this group of people won't be helpful for that group of people. But what can be done is to be all inclusive to everyone's individual learning styles and encourage them to keep asking questions, even if the first place they asked wasn't the most helpful.

Communities are going to get cliquey, there's no going around that. Has anyone asked why those members engage on discord and not here? Are the Staff Members here aware of that feedback? What is being done to change that perception? We had a feedback thread last year that addressed a lot of this, and it honestly feels like it fell on deaf ears. Syn and PG handed the reigns off to us as an entire community. Outside of them two, what or who is driving this community forward?

I have ideas on what we can do. I'd be willing to bet that most of the A7X fanbase doesn't know about the school and its lessons. Fix the videos first, start blasting A7X social media channels about all the cool things you can learn here (from beginner to Syn and PG level), and let's get the ship back on course. 2023 is THE perfect opportunity to bring in new members because of the album release. The fanbase is going to explode and I think Synner should be able to capitalize on the hype.

Last edited:

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Thanks all for the reinforcement, I got fingerless gloves. The bag is at the place where I go to drum the acoustic kit and play some bass. The people from the place put it there since recent and thought it good before drumming.
    I'm going to play guitar

Reactions: Ed Seith

Wizzykin

Free Bird Player
    Sep 23, 2022
    That’s too bad to hear. I joined up not long ago because I heard this place had an amazing lesson path; but found it had been down for what appears to be months. I’m still patiently waiting for them to pop back up to give it a shot.

I don’t actually listen to or like avenged sevenfold, but I heard he and his father were great teachers and my preferred genre is metal. So I thought I’d check it out.

sorry to hear the community you once enjoyed had seemingly dwindled and changed.

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    I’m going to keep it short and sweet. We hear everyone.
    The big man has ALWAYS wanted this site to be self sufficient, meaning that the community members lead the way. And it’s a beautiful ideal.
    My job as a mod, is to just make sure you guys aren’t being jerks lol
    If anyone has ideas or posts they want to put up, fucking go for it y’all ! As long as it’s not violating guidelines you’re good to go !
    “Back in the day” we had members collaborating and creating things together. One beautiful member,Aileé, spearheaded a whole collab that took so much time and effort and so many participated. Stuff like that can still be done. Connections can be made, and creativity can flow ! 💕

carlosmqr

Campfire Attention Holder
    Legend
  • Nov 17, 2019
    Portugal/Manchester UK
    www.instagram.com
    Completely agree with a lot of what you guys said, I miss those days as well, we had a really good community around here! I cant add much to what was said already, but hopefully we can make the school as good as before!

Time as been an issue to me, but I always have a few minutes to come here every other day!