• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Improv challenge?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
A while ago we had challenge going on where each week someone would choose a backingtrack and then everyone would improvise over that backingtrack and get feedback. We also had a short period where people would write their own solo for the solo section of an Avenged sevenfold song.

I was wondering whether people are interested in doing those again?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ekrem Taha Ünlü

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Turkey
    www.instagram.com
    A while ago we had challenge going on where each week someone would choose a backingtrack and then everyone would improvise over that backingtrack and get feedback. We also had a short period where people would write their own solo for the solo section of an Avenged sevenfold song.

I was wondering whether people are interested in doing those again?
    Awesome idea! Let's do this!

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Here's my challenge. We all got the blues down? Did you guys map out your scale? I say.. you do a small Improv over either a d or e.. depending on whichever chords you wanna add in.

Then.. using your scales you made up improv over those notes. In the end if you can remember tell us which noted you used. Like did you add the c sharp in or the f sharp? And why? I think over a7 and d7 would be best to not mix too much in. But I think it's a good start. Who cares how long it is. The idea here is to help find the notes you want

I think blues is really gonna help everyone know their frethosrds better.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Ids posted a video. So its am. Not sure exactly how to adapt the blues to a minor chord unless that's explained later. I'm only on part 2 lesson 1.

So I guess well be using our am pentatonic here ? Not sure how the blues scale would change here would have to think on that. But if you figure out what notes you use tell us so we can figure it out too. This one may be more challenging then expected for the 1st one well see.

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    So I guess well be using our am pentatonic here ? Not sure how the blues scale would change here would have to think on that. But if you figure out what notes you use tell us so we can figure it out too. This one may be more challenging then expected for the 1st one well see.

I'm not sure if this is what you meant but these are the blues pentatonic patterns. The blue dot is the blues note. The black dots are the root notes. Position one is minor.
    IMG_6146.GIF

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    In the video. There was tons of scales. Pentatonic major.. minor.blues.. theres definitely more then just the nor al blues positions. That was my question. Qould I stay on the blues or go for minor over a.the videos show a7 and a9 and a13.nothing about a minor.