• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Improv challenge?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
In the video. There was tons of scales. Pentatonic major.. minor.blues.. theres definitely more then just the nor al blues positions. That was my question. Qould I stay on the blues or go for minor over a.the videos show a7 and a9 and a13.nothing about a minor.
The blues scale is effectively a minor scale(it has the minor third in it). Crossroads uses moslty chords like A5 and D5 so you can get away with mix ing major and minor if you want to do that

Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I know I said we could do a gypsy jazz backingtrack now but I just got back from a jam session and I jammed over Gravity by John Mayer and had so much fun so I would like to that one next
I’m in a backing track slump. Anyone interested in picking one out? I always like to hear the different takes on it.
You can try that one

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I'll always give you my honest opinion. It may not be the right one but you'll be able to take things out of it. I will not however insult you or your playing. I expect the exact same in return. If you dont I simply dont read your comments on my posts. I myself went 10 years of playing years wasted so I can understand being shy but you dont really need to show your face. Just the fretboard.

Reactions: Mikey Anglin

Mikey Anglin

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
I'll always give you my honest opinion. It may not be the right one but you'll be able to take things out of it. I will not however insult you or your playing. I expect the exact same in return. If you dont I simply dont read your comments on my posts. I myself went 10 years of playing years wasted so I can understand being shy but you dont really need to show your face. Just the fretboard.
When comments are constructive, we all get better. Hope you didn’t read anything negative in my last statement. Your point is what I was getting at.