• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Insta videos

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I think this is mostly a mobile version of the site thing but when you try to watch videos from instagram on the media section it gets displayed very strangely in a sense that you can't watch it unless you click on the media itself and getting taken out of the list of riffs. As to when riffs are embedded from youtube you can just click play and it plays, is this the way insta embedding works or can it be done such that igtv videos are embedded in a similar way as youtube videos?

On desktop I noticed that videos uploaded to somebodies insta feed requires you to be on insta and you can't watch them here, is this also simply the way insta embedding works or is it possible to display those videos in similar ways to how youtube videos are displayed?

Upvote 0

alexj

Community Manager
Staff member
  • Jul 13, 2020
    Chicago
    As far as I know, there isn't a way to get around this unfortunately. Youtube and other video hosts have clear controls for embedding content that make it display correctly on external sites, but IG doesn't seem to have controls that will make the videos display nicely outside of their site/app.

Upvote 0

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    As far as I know, there isn't a way to get around this unfortunately. Youtube and other video hosts have clear controls for embedding content that make it display correctly on external sites, but IG doesn't seem to have controls that will make the videos display nicely outside of their site/app.
    Well, instagram is designed in a way that everybody uses the app so 😅😅

Still kind a sucky tho

Reactions: Alicia Willis
    Upvote 0

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    The Instagram videos have done that for as long as I can remember. It’s aggravating for sure. @alexj is there a way around this or simply just an IG thing ? I know I’ve never had issues with YouTube videos or other hosts, only IG here.
    I uploaded that video in my pc using igtv. I think that's the glitch. If I do it mobile it won't happen. I doubt they will fix it too since they get more website hits that way. I'll try to stick to YouTube I'll still post on both tho.

Upvote 0