• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Introduction to Crossover Picking – Lesson 38

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
Staff member
Legend+
Fucking Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Just watched this lesson first time. It's funny, I am a natural economy player. I can do alternate picking but it feels a little weird.

My tip to add to @Brian Haner Sr. lesson: if you are very self aware and had some practice with the exercise you want to learn, it CAN be benefitial to practice with distortion. Because what you focus on then is actually playing very clean and proper muting. If you only play on the clean channel and switch to the distortion you may notice just how much unwanted noise there is while playing. So muting is a beast that definetly needs to be tackled too when practicing speedy licks!
Great advice Dom! Practicing clean is good to make sure you are executing it properly. And then practicing with distortion to apply it to the "real world" and clean up your muting, etc.