• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Introduction to Tapping – Lesson 45

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ezequiel Romanko

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Argentina
My arm gets tired very quickly, not so much my fingers.
Hi do you do stretching excercises before playing? believe me it do wonders, it's easy to forget that even playing guitar demands an effort from all the muscles in our torso and arms not only our fingers, warm up stretching your arms and back and forearms. I hope this works for you

Reactions: Lindsey

Rios1128

Campfire Attention Holder
Feb 7, 2020
Colombia
Hi do you do stretching excercises before playing? believe me it do wonders, it's easy to forget that even playing guitar demands an effort from all the muscles in our torso and arms not only our fingers, warm up stretching your arms and back and forearms. I hope this works for you
Well the truth, no. He only played a couple of songs and now I do the exercises.

Reactions: Ezequiel Romanko
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Al7eX

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Apr 16, 2022
Mind blown right now! I didn’t know there was so much more to tapping. Now, do I use the principles of the CAGED system to figure which notes to tap from?
I don’t think caged helps much with this. Try and find chords on one string. If we are using for example the high e string and want to find an a major chord (A C# E) you would do your root at fret 5 - 9 - 12. Want to make it minor? Flat that third and you get 5 - 8 - 12 (A C E). Knowing notes on the fretboard and notes of chords helps a lot. 🤘🤘

Reactions: Alexander

Adrian Tache

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Romania
This may sound like a dumb question, but how do you mute the other strings while tapping. I usually get runoffs on the B string when tapping on the high E.
I think you've got it by now but if any other people are asking the same question. What I do is mute the string above the one I'm tapping on with the index finger of my left hand, and I also rest the palm of my right hand on the thicker strings if I'm not playing them to ensure nothing rings out and the taps can be heard as clean as possible.