• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Is it hard to play without fret inlays?

Cooper Brady

Free Bird Player
  • Nov 2, 2020
    Augusta, Georgia
    So the title is pretty self explanatory. I've been playing for maybe a year and a half and own two guitars. Both have fret inlays in the obvious spots. Now, I'm looking at a used Schecter Apocalypse with a Floyd Rose system, sustainiac, pretty much everything I can do to get the Synyster Gates tone without buying the actual thing. The one thing making me hesitant to pull the trigger is a lack of fret inlays. Does anybody here own a guitar with a naked fretboard? All responses are appreciated, thanks guys!

Reactions: Jesse Salmons

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    So the title is pretty self explanatory. I've been playing for maybe a year and a half and own two guitars. Both have fret inlays in the obvious spots. Now, I'm looking at a used Schecter Apocalypse with a Floyd Rose system, sustainiac, pretty much everything I can do to get the Synyster Gates tone without buying the actual thing. The one thing making me hesitant to pull the trigger is a lack of fret inlays. Does anybody here own a guitar with a naked fretboard? All responses are appreciated, thanks guys!
    Like everyone is saying, its really not harder, because you have the side inlays still. My snow falcon has no inlays, but has the side markers, so it really doesnt affect anything.

My question for you is, if you’re gonna shell out the money for an apocalypse with sustainiac and a floyd, why not just buy a syn custom? theyre in the same ballpark of price, do you just not want the look of the syn custom? Im just curious brother!

Cooper Brady

Free Bird Player
  • Nov 2, 2020
    Augusta, Georgia
    Like everyone is saying, its really not harder, because you have the side inlays still. My snow falcon has no inlays, but has the side markers, so it really doesnt affect anything.

My question for you is, if you’re gonna shell out the money for an apocalypse with sustainiac and a floyd, why not just buy a syn custom? theyre in the same ballpark of price, do you just not want the look of the syn custom? Im just curious brother!
    Its all good, the reason I'm looking at the apocalypse is that it's used and the guy is looking for around 800, whereas the best deal I can find on a Syn custom with the sustainiac and floyd is more in the 1000 dollar range. If I could find a Syn custom for the same price I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jesse Salmons

Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    Its all good, the reason I'm looking at the apocalypse is that it's used and the guy is looking for around 800, whereas the best deal I can find on a Syn custom with the sustainiac and floyd is more in the 1000 dollar range. If I could find a Syn custom for the same price I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
    Have you checked reverb?

This was just a quick search but i found this one for around the ballpark and they’re open to offers!

Cooper Brady

Free Bird Player
  • Nov 2, 2020
    Augusta, Georgia
    Have you checked reverb?

This was just a quick search but i found this one for around the ballpark and they’re open to offers!
    I should have gone to reverb way sooner, I found a tobacco burst syn signature with all the good stuff (synbucker, sustainiac, floyd, neck thru) for only 899! And it's in perfect condition. Thanks for the advice, I think I know what guitar I'm buying now...

Jesse Salmons

Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    I should have gone to reverb way sooner, I found a tobacco burst syn signature with all the good stuff (synbucker, sustainiac, floyd, neck thru) for only 899! And it's in perfect condition. Thanks for the advice, I think I know what guitar I'm buying now...
    No problem buddy! Im kinda in the market for one too, and seen some deals so figured id share the info!