• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Is it possible to plug my actual VOX amp into my interface for recording

Gabriel Corso

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Hello, man! How’s it ?
Is it an AC15/30?
I don’t think they have an emulated out or a headphone jack.
Normally people mic these king of amps with shure SM57 (other mics too, but this one Is famous.
My marshall (Dsl20cr) has an emulated out, so I can plug it directly into my interface.
And if you have any questions about home recordings, I think that @filip can help you out as much as he helped me.
I Think that he studied this…
Please Filip, correct me if I am wrong haha.
Hope this helps you, mate!!
Take care and good luck!
Vox amps are great! I had a VOX VT40+ and loved it! But eventually got myself a marshall tube to step up the game haha.
G.

Gabriel Corso

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Now, plug ins are great if you want to plug your guitar directly into an audio interface.
I normally use logic pros built in amps and effects.
But there are paid ones that can get you huge sounds, like bias fx, amplitube…
They have all sorts of stuff, preamps, tons of configurations, room set ups, mics.
And you can plug your guitar pedals directly into your plug in. Sounds amazing as well!!
To short things down… plug ins are an amazing tools!
You can demo them all and see it for yourself.
Good luck my friend

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    WARNING: Check the Vox site for this before you even THINK about it further – most tube amps REQUIRE a speaker load if they’re powered on, unless they were specifically designed to work without one – like if it has a headphone or emulation out. If it doesn’t have one of these, you can do serious damage to your power amp without a load (speaker attached) if Vox doesn’t say it’s okay to do so!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Gabriel Corso

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Yeah! So it’s the same amp I used to have.
    I have tried using the aux and phone out to record the amp directly Trough the audio interface. But the audio quality wasn’t that good to be honest.
    Even my marshall, which has an emulated out with the tubes and stuff, does not sound that good.
    I think that the best quality is by putting a mic in front of your amp and recording it.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Gabriel Corso

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Yeah, man !
    There is a good website for “free plug ins” somewhere on google (I don’t know the name by heart :/).
    There you can find a lot of free ones (not pirate, but free).
    I think that I have used the fender pro jr tweed simulator, I’m not sure…
    Then you can experiment and decide whether you want to spend 50 dollars on bias fx for example, or on amplitube.