• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Is Schecter Synyster Custom-S for me?

Michał

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Hi everyone!
First of all I want to say big big thank you! to Syn & Papa Gates. You’re awesome, great work with creating that community. I’ve read most of posts and started watching lessons few days ago.
But for the topic…
I’m wondering if Schecter Synyster Custom-S is guitar for me? http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/synyster-gates-custom-s-satin-gold-burst-2017-08-10-detail
I’m guitar player for 5 years. I’ve had one year of break and now I have more time and I want to play more. I’ve tried with my old guitar (chineese fake Ibanez) and I remembered why I quit. My guitar is bad – doesn’t hold tuning, has curved freats so sound is disapearing during pull ups etc…
I’m really in love with that Schecter guitar and want it from moment when I saw first model of this signature. But really I don’t know if it is not “too difficult” for me or I won’t be able to use all it’s potential. Second thing it’s really expensive for me & hard to get it in Poland.
Or just I should buy it as having floyd rose bridge, sustanic etc will give me more opportunities to learn something new?
Can someone, who owns it tell me a little bit more about pros & cons & reason why to buy it or not?
And maybe someone from Poland can tell me best way to buy it in here? 🙂

Michał

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Any reasons why (not price)?
As I mentioned that will be huge expense and I don’t want to go with “blind love” but as I want to play more & more I would give that money. I won’t give up playing after first emotions with new guitar goes of as I’m trying to get back to playing regurarly 🙂

G

Personally, I’d get a cheaper model and put some of that money into amps, peddles, and other guitar equipment. If budgets not an issue then I’d say go for it. Just make sure you get his actual signature with his signature pickup as well. Nothing worse than spending $800 on a “signature” guitar with a cheap headstock and single coil pickups.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Michał

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Thanks! 🙂 I know about standard model but to be honest I just don’t want to go into half measures. If that signature, then only custom one.
So maybe I’ve should change question a bit: is there any contraindication for that guitar (not counting price and low awailaility in Poland) for someone who played a little bit and now is coming back?

Jen Hapke

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Do you necessarily want the satin gold burst?
If not you can order a Custom S at Thomann.
https://www.thomann.de/pl/schecter_synyster_gates_custom_s.htm
It’s the biggest european musical instruments delivery service. They control the instruments before they deliver them.
I went to there store to buy my own electric guitar.
So this is for shure one way to get the guitar.

Luke G

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
New Jersey
I absolutely love my Synyster Custom S, and it is the best guitar I own. It sounds great on basically every amp, and the Sustainiac coil-split feature allows for more versatile playing, as well as a ton of fun fooling around with the switches. Personally, I like the Seymour Duncans over his custom pickup, but it will generally sound the same. I would highly recommend it.

Tory Capman

One Stringer
Nov 11, 2019
I love my Custom-S. As mentioned above, the Floyd Rose looks tricky, but you just need to watch a few YouTube videos to learn how to use it and you’ll be a pro in no time. And it’s fun to play with. Same goes for the Sustainiac pickup! The action and playability on the guitar is so nice and the set neck is incredibly sexy. In my experience, it inspired me to play more because of how comfortable and fun it is to play.

Michał

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Wow! Thank you for all of you for sharing your opinions about it 🙂
I’m more and more into that guitar. Jen Hapke thanks for that link mate! Didn’t know about that shop and it wasn’t there when I’ve checked some time ago for this guitar distributor.
I’m only wondering: this https://www.thomann.de/pl/schecter_synyster_gates_custom_s.htm isn’t newest custom-s model as it doesn’t have Syn pickup, right? Is it a big difference this one vs newest ones?
I don’t necessarily need to have that gold burst, just shared a link to that, but I’m considering silver black the most (as second chioce gold burst).

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jen Hapke

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
You can write to the customer service of Thomann. They will answer these questions.
I don’t know why but Thomann isn’t on the list of Schecter’s destributors.
And ofcause if you buy it there you have the opportunity to send the guitar back after trying it out when it’s delivered.
I’m feeling weird for making such an advertisement. I mean I bought my guitar there and I went there to see the crazy store and it’s kind of cool and the service is good but next time I think I will go to a smaller local store to support it.

Ben Grosskreuz

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Hi,
I started learning guitar on a cheap scheckter and then upgraded to the custom s. I personally love it. Not only is it a beautiful design but the sustainic and Floyd rose are awesome and the neck design and body make it very comfortable and easy to play. If you can afford it i would!

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
If you are wondering about what guitar to start again with, I’d go with something a little more cheaper. I’d suck to pay 1000 on a syn custom and not use it. My first guitar was a simple Revenger, that they no longer use. It sounds beautiful and only cost me 700 dollars. I think 850 after taxes. I say learn on a cheaper guitar because you know you are gonna beat it up. Unless you are okay with spending money on a custom. I couldn’t do it personally, and I’m glad I did. I actually dont own any of the syn customs still to this date.