• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

is the hellwin ir extention .wav?

Eric Kane

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I looked at my original download package and there are wav files in there, along with the Fractal syx files. I cannot confirm they are still included, but it would make sense.
    Ed, I have a newb question that you may or may not be able to answer. I just got a Neural DSP Quad Cortex, and it’s my first real adventure into the digital world (always been a real tube amp guy). I’m loving it so far, but I also don’t really have a full grasp on what I’m doing. Neural says you can use 3rd party Cab IRs, but do you know if that would include the Syn Cab packs?

I do actually have two real Hellwin heads and a Hellwin 4x12 cab, so I have attempted some captures on them, with less than ideal results so far (probably just because I don’t know what I’m doing yet). But I am interested in the whole set of Syn Cab packs, if they can be used on the QC.

If you know, let me know. If not, no big deal.

Upvote 0

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Ed, I have a newb question that you may or may not be able to answer. I just got a Neural DSP Quad Cortex, and it’s my first real adventure into the digital world (always been a real tube amp guy). I’m loving it so far, but I also don’t really have a full grasp on what I’m doing. Neural says you can use 3rd party Cab IRs, but do you know if that would include the Syn Cab packs?

I do actually have two real Hellwin heads and a Hellwin 4x12 cab, so I have attempted some captures on them, with less than ideal results so far (probably just because I don’t know what I’m doing yet). But I am interested in the whole set of Syn Cab packs, if they can be used on the QC.

I've heard such great things about the QC, I'm excited for you. Yes, you can load the IRs from the Syn Cab Pack - not the *.syx files that are specifically for the AxeFX, but also included are *.wav IR files that are a pretty universal IR format.

This article is two years old, and the process may be simpler now, or not, but this is still active on Neural's site, so I expect this is still the process.

IR captures are really hard to do properly, so I don't even bother trying. Syn took the time, and I'm glad he did!

Reactions: Eric Kane
    Upvote 0

Eric Kane

• Nov 11, 2019
    I've heard such great things about the QC, I'm excited for you. Yes, you can load the IRs from the Syn Cab Pack - not the *.syx files that are specifically for the AxeFX, but also included are *.wav IR files that are a pretty universal IR format.

This article is two years old, and the process may be simpler now, or not, but this is still active on Neural's site, so I expect this is still the process.

IR captures are really hard to do properly, so I don't even bother trying. Syn took the time, and I'm glad he did!
    Excellent! Thanks for the info. I wasn’t sure if they came with a universal format, or just the Fractal format. I’ll have to save up a little bit after splurging on the QC, but I’ll probably get the Syn cab packs. Thanks again!

Reactions: Ed Seith
    Upvote 0

urares21

One Stringer
    Dec 25, 2021
    România

i have bought the ir cab pack and it isn't .wav i dont know how to convert it do u have any idea?

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    No, and I’ve recently found out that these were NEVER shipped with non-AxeFX (wav) files. Apparently, I found a tool online and converted them to wav about a year ago and forgot, and the conversion is, shall we say, “less than accurate.”

so, at this time, the Axe-FX cab pack is ONLY for Fractal products. I apologize for the confusion.

Upvote 0

Awex Came

Legend
    May 23, 2021

I made DI captures of the Hellwin (and custom Bogner) and they're on the NDSP Cloud (https://neuraldsp.com/cloud/profile/alexcain?tab=captures). I made captures of Syn's settings from the manual. They're DI profiles, so make sure you add a cab. Bogner Uberkab would be the closest cab in the factory cabs that would represent Syn's tone

Upvote 0

Eric Kane

• Nov 11, 2019
    I made DI captures of the Hellwin (and custom Bogner) and they're on the NDSP Cloud (https://neuraldsp.com/cloud/profile/alexcain?tab=captures). I made captures of Syn's settings from the manual. They're DI profiles, so make sure you add a cab. Bogner Uberkab would be the closest cab in the factory cabs that would represent Syn's tone
    Hey man, good to see you back on here! Yeah, I saw your captures on the cloud and tried them out. The amp captures, I was able to do myself, and they sound pretty good. It was the cab part of it that was not working out. Long story short, I did get the IR cab pack files converted to something that could be used on the QC, but I'm not too happy with the overall sound. Not as good as the real thing, but OK for practicing with headphones. When using the cabs on the QC, I think I preferred one of the Marshall cabs over the Uberkab, but of course that's all subjective.

Upvote 0