• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Issuing a challenge

RoaringRowanThunderBender

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Warrenton, NC
    rowm76.wixsite.com
    Long time no see, $ynners! I have made a goal for myself and I also want to create a goal and challenge for each of YOU, as well. I've just posted THIS video with details, but I thought it'd be fun to create a thread and really get some fun going again.

What I want YOU to do is as follows: No matter what skill level you are, learn and practice a song for a week. Then upload a video at the end of the week of your progress or playthrough the whole song. I don't want perfect. I want RAW and UNEDITED. Leave your mistakes in as I have in the part I have trouble with in the included video. The one RULE I have... YOU HAVE TO HAVE FUN. I don't care about the mistakes, but I better see you having a blast and jamming like you're having a mini-concert in your shower! (You know we all do it...Don't even try it.) Then please post your video here, so we can all see and interact with you! And don't worry, we will only leave kind comments and improvements and give you lots of love.

So here is what I'm doing. I put off this song for the longest time... (I hurt my hand...been depressed, and have been working full time...blah blah blah) but I know I can do it now. A Ray of Light is my goal song for the week. I will play through it completely and upload my video next Sunday. See ya shortly! ❤️

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Javier Wienarjati

Dec 7, 2021
    Indonesia
    www.instagram.com

I learned it a lot faster than anticipated. I am unsatisfied with the challenge I put fourth for myself and shall push myself harder next time 😅
    Nice work. I also like your tone. Bro let's try Nobody for the challenge, Syn solo is so insane.

Jeremy Healey

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend+
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    Nice work. I also like your tone. Bro let's try Nobody for the challenge, Syn solo is so insane.
    That solo is so far beyond me but I’ll give it a shot 🤣
    Also, the tone I’m using is a MT-2 Metal Zone with a compressor and EQ 😅

Jeremy Healey

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend+
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    Double bosted Metal Zone plus Compressor + Syn pick up. It's wild man.🔥👍
    I'm trying to learn Nobody too, but dont know when it will finish, I hope before I graduate high school.🤣
    My goal was to finish learning Canon Rock before graduating high school. Here I am 13 years later and I barely know the last part 🤣

• Nov 11, 2019
    Warrenton, NC
    rowm76.wixsite.com
    I’ll jump on board with this! One song I’ve never attempted but thought about (which also happens to be in the same tuning as the current guitar I’m holding) is Angels With Dirty Faces - Sum41 off their Chuck album 👍🏻 will post the video next Sunday
    I'm super duper excited to see you participate! I'm looking forward to it! Thank you for jumping right in!

• Love
    Reactions: Jeremy Healey

• Nov 11, 2019
    Warrenton, NC
    rowm76.wixsite.com
    Anyone who's watched my Met Minute vids on IG knows this is exactly the kind of shit I love - keep it RAW and REAL. Great idea, Rowan, and welcome back!!
    Hey Papa Ed! I figured you might like this if you saw it. You def inspired this one. I love things like this too. Thank you so much ♥

• Love
    Reactions: Ed Seith