• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

I've washed my hands in hot water before for around thirty or so seconds to loosen up my finger joints during the morning and it's worked before

Firsty Lasty

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
There are a lot of people out there who wreck their hands working shitty jobs and end up having to use hot water to get their hands moving in the morning. Especially in meat packing plants- anyone who uses a straight knife, whizard knife, or hook is at big risk.

I'll keep recommending what I always do- massage your forearms front and back before playing because that's where your big "finger muscles" are.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I've been having a lot of pain in forearms thumbs mostly, I can pick up a basketball now with my fingers both hands, never could do it before. Gonna try the hot water and do more rubbing and stretching.
    Is it normal for one shoulder to hang lower than the other? I hurt it in my teens, I just kind of started to notice. Possible carpal tunnel?
    Maybe it's from all the down strokes, I've been needing to do physical therapy, it's cool and it sucks

I worked in a meat factory place, I hated it. I thought it was really scary and gross

Reactions: Firsty Lasty

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    i got chronic pain, i can't dunk a basketball, it feels like it's pushed in or it was dislocated and scar tissue made it heal wrong.
    It got really bad when I started playing Gojira stuff, I was also sitting on the floor and practicing for hours.
    been trying to fix everything, my physical therapist says it's normal, I think he needs more schooling
    there's like a pop when i roll it, gonna keep trying to strengthen everything and fix posture
    i went to the dr one time in the states, they told me to where a sling for 2 months or something,
    I didn't do it, maybe if I tried it now it might help

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
    Nov 11, 2019
    Croatia
    www.youtube.com
    Just be careful not to use super hot water if your hand is really cold cause you might get chilblains. That's basically red bumps on your finger and they appear when a cold body part is all of a sudden rewarmed really fast. Instead to avoid that you have to warm your hand gradually. It's nothing serious and they will go away in about a week but they can get itchy.

Reactions: William B.