• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Jeff Loomis Signature Jackson

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    What’s up Synner’s !

I’m sure you all have already seen the Synner Song of the Week, "The Heart Collector" by Nevermore.

I wanted to share with you guys a demo of Jeff Loomis'(Nevermore guitarist) signature Jackson guitar by the one and Only Ola Englund ! I absolutely adore Ola's demo videos because more often than not when we see any metal guitarist's gear being demoed....they don't play metal lol. Ola always delivers, and he’s pretty damn entertaining too.

I've never personally played a Jackson but love the look and sound of this beast.

I'd love to hear you guys' opinions.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Sounds and looks cool :D It did make a lot of noise when he turned that noise gate off ( I think that's what that is ). Is that from extreme volumes?
    I get similar noise when I try to use my GarageBand DAW and need to adjust all the settings every time before anything.
    Why is is called a "Kelly" shape? I could probably *oogle that

Reactions: Alicia Willis

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Absolutely love Ola and his many projects haha. One of the few large YouTube channels where it doesn't seem like he's trying to sell shit to you (besides Solar guitars of course). He's just showing off some of the products capabilities and giving you his thoughts on it. On the Jackson, it's cool looking as hell, sounds pretty damn great, seems like it plays great, and gets Ola's approval. Probably a good guitar haha. I'm actually a YouTube member myself and was planning on entering the giveaway, but decided not to as I didn't want to potentially have another floyd equipped guitar that I would block off and would rather it go to a person who'd really love and use it for what it is. Anyway, yeah, Ola's absolutely awesome. The guitar kicks ass.

• Love
    Reactions: Alicia Willis

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Sounds and looks cool :D It did make a lot of noise when he turned that noise gate off ( I think that's what that is ). Is that from extreme volumes?
    I get similar noise when I try to use my GarageBand DAW and need to adjust all the settings every time before anything.
    Why is is called a "Kelly" shape? I could probably *oogle that
    Oh this is def a captain Ed question he could totally give you like 500 reasons pickups would be noisey haha. The pickups in my C-1 are are like that too without a gate. I always use a gate though when I’m playing so that wouldn’t particularly bother me I wouldn’t think.

Reactions: William B.
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Absolutely love Ola and his many projects haha. One of the few large YouTube channels where it doesn't seem like he's trying to sell shit to you (besides Solar guitars of course). He's just showing off some of the products capabilities and giving you his thoughts on it. On the Jackson, it's cool looking as hell, sounds pretty damn great, seems like it plays great, and gets Ola's approval. Probably a good guitar haha. I'm actually a YouTube member myself and was planning on entering the giveaway, but decided not to as I didn't want to potentially have another floyd equipped guitar that I would block off and would rather it go to a person who'd really love and use it for what it is. Anyway, yeah, Ola's absolutely awesome. The guitar kicks ass.
    Yesss !!! Such a chill down to earth dude and always 100% honest. And as for the Floyd…same dude. I prefer a fixed bridge too, Floyd’s are a pain in the ass !!! (Imo)

Reactions: Muz Malek

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Singapore
    www.instagram.com
    Yesss !!! Such a chill down to earth dude and always 100% honest. And as for the Floyd…same dude. I prefer a fixed bridge too, Floyd’s are a pain in the ass !!! (Imo)
    No pain no gain!!! Floyd Roses are a dream to work with, as cumbersome as they sound in terms of maintenance.

Reminded me of this video where M Shadows talked about having to halt their songwriting because Syn broke one string & wanted a whole new guitar from Schecter instead of replacing that one string :LOL:

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    No pain no gain!!! Floyd Roses are a dream to work with, as cumbersome as they sound in terms of maintenance.

Reminded me of this video where M Shadows talked about having to halt their songwriting because Syn broke one string & wanted a whole new guitar from Schecter instead of replacing that one string :LOL:

To be fair…. A guitar God should never have to change his own strings 👌🏻😆

A floyd is definitely awesome though if you’re going to stay in one tuning. I like to change it up too much on my main guitar so that was an automatic no for me.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Donovan Etue

• Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Oeh, looks pretty!

Shame it's a 7 string and has active pickups, neither of those are really my cup of tea 😅😅
    Might want to adjust your glasses Ids haha, it's a 6 string. But yeah, the active pickups aren't everyone's cup of tea, these ones in particular seem really high output and seem to be causing the weird feedback. I'm with you on thinking it looks pretty too!

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Might want to adjust your glasses Ids haha, it's a 6 string. But yeah, the active pickups aren't everyone's cup of tea, these ones in particular seem really high output and seem to be causing the weird feedback. I'm with you on thinking it looks pretty too!
    Oopsie, I just typed it in in Thomann to see how expensive it is but only found a 7-string. I don't ming high output at all but unless it does something special like a piezo or sustainiac I don't see the point of going through the hassle of buying batteries and such

Donovan Etue

• Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Oopsie, I just typed it in in Thomann to see how expensive it is but only found a 7-string. I don't ming high output at all but unless it does something special like a piezo or sustainiac I don't see the point of going through the hassle of buying batteries and such
    Ah no worries haha. I think that 7 string model might be his old Schecter signature from a few years ago. I totally get that, it feels like I change the battery in my sustainiac equipped guitars as is, let alone something that's probably gonna eat up power faster. I'd have to get my hands on a guitar loaded with actives to give my opinion on if it's worth it though.