• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Classical Instruments Keyboard/Piano chords

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I play keyboard sometimes to switch things up, one of the things I like to do and on my guitar as well is piecing together chords or things I think sound nice.

What kind of chords are these and what do you maybe think of the sound?
    I already forgot.... but took pictures of 2 of them this time.

IMG_1644.JPG

IMG_16415.png

is piano classical?

☮️

Reactions: Jamie London

juiceellish

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Looks like the first chord is a fully diminished chord. Any of those notes can be the root interval since it’s a symmetrical chord (all minor 3rds). The second chord is what I perceive as an Ebmin11(maj7). You have a D, Eb, F, Gb, Ab. Eb and Gb make your 1 and b3. D is your major 7th. F is your 2, or 9. Ab is the 4, or 11. There’s no 5th (the Bb) so this could be used in a jazz context. The fully diminished chord can be used in any genre really.

Last edited:
    Reactions: William B.
    Upvote 0

Saphyra

New Student
    Dec 16, 2021
    France
    Looks like the first chord is a fully diminished chord. Any of those notes can be the root interval since it’s a symmetrical chord (all minor 3rds). The second chord is what I perceive as an Emin11(maj7). You have a D, E, F, Gb, Ab. E and Gb make your 1 and b3. D is your major 7th. F is your 2, or 9. Ab is the 4, or 11. There’s no 5th (the B) so this could be used in a jazz context. The fully diminished chord can be used in any genre really.
    Excuse me but on the second picture, does he play D, Eb, F, Gb, Ab instead ?

Reactions: William B.
    Upvote 0