• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Learning the basics

Ryan Reiche

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Limited, no. Definitely practice everything as you would with an amp and focus primarily on technique so when you do finally get one it sounds clean and thorough. Start very basic, get the foundation set, don’t try to get flashy and be impatient. I tried and it halted my progress for some time. Best of luck to you, my friend!

• Love
Reactions: Javier Wienarjati
Upvote 0

mravenged

Free Bird Player
May 9, 2023
Limited, no. Definitely practice everything as you would with an amp and focus primarily on technique so when you do finally get one it sounds clean and thorough. Start very basic, get the foundation set, don’t try to get flashy and be impatient. I tried and it halted my progress for some time. Best of luck to you, my friend!
So I literally only started playing earlier this week,I just don't know how far along I should be,I still familiarising myself with the fretboard layout,how long should it take for me to learn a song?

Upvote 0

Ryan Reiche

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
So I literally only started playing earlier this week,I just don't know how far along I should be,I still familiarising myself with the fretboard layout,how long should it take for me to learn a song?
Ed is correct. Starting off is similar to hitting a plateau in progress that’s difficult to get over. Everyone learns at a different pace. There’s no set time where you should be able to learn a song. But learning the fretboard and just getting used to moving up and down the deck is key. The beginner lessons on Synner are fantastic, watch them over and over. Playing songs and just learning songs little by little and note for note is how I started.

Reactions: Ed Seith
Upvote 0
Synner Endless Summer Collection