• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Learning The Fretboard – Lesson 42

Synner Endless Summer Collection

CallumP

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 24, 2019
    Nottingham
    www.youtube.com
    GREAT JOB!!!! This is much harder than it looks. Well done!!!
    Thank you!! Planning on working my way around the circle of fifths and doing a similar style video for each key to slowly add in new notes and eventually truly learn the fretboard! Thank you for this lesson I would of never even thought to try something like this!

Reactions: Natattack00

Aaron Shepanik

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    hey way to go. I'm buying in to this too, now. I'm going to try to learn the notes on the fretboard first, then, if I actually know them all, should be able to burn through any major scale with one note per string. Lofty goal, I know, but gonna start with the memorization first!

• Love
    Reactions: CallumP

Aaron Shepanik

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    hey way to go. I'm buying in to this too, now. I'm going to try to learn the notes on the fretboard first, then, if I actually know them all, should be able to burn through any major scale with one note per string. Lofty goal, I know, but gonna start with the memorization first!
    Update---I'm still working on this XD. I'm feeling pretty good with knowing, C, D, E, and F so far on the fret board. Next is G, and then A and B. My thought is that I can input the sharps then kinda ad-lib but we'll see.

Reactions: Christian Schulze

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain

Aaron Shepanik

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    • Love
    Reactions: Christian Schulze

Mariler

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Nov 11, 2019
    Zaragoza, Spain
    keeping my struggle to learn the fretboard. Made my diagrams based on learning 5 and 6th strings and the "dotted" frets (3-5-7-9), finding the octaves and using the idea of "chunking" that @Christian J.S. Schulze Aguiar explains on his video. I'm sharing in case someone can find these ideas useful
    Captura de pantalla 2020-07-22 a las 8.59.17.png

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Melbourne, Australia
    keeping my struggle to learn the fretboard. Made my diagrams based on learning 5 and 6th strings and the "dotted" frets (3-5-7-9), finding the octaves and using the idea of "chunking" that @Christian J.S. Schulze Aguiar explains on his video. I'm sharing in case someone can find these ideas useful
    View attachment 870

Another pattern to take note of is the relationship between B,C,D and E,F,G on adjacent strings.

Zesty Rage

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    I'm not sure if this will help anyone but I've been doing my homework and I've been practicing finding all the notes for about 2 hours now and so far I've memorized all the notes A-F. What I did to memorize the notes faster was I gave myself a cheat sheet too look at by writing all of the notes in Tabs. My goal is to be able to play all of the notes without having to look at my cheet sheet but this gave me a good idea for where to look at when trying to find different notes.
    20201129_181110.jpg

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I stumbled across this by accident a few years, I was able to find a few. I kept getting frustrated trying to go backwards, nice to know it's an actual thing! Gonna try to do the extra credit part when I get more comfortable with it.