• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Legato I

Ryan Vega

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Florida
nearlyspent.bandzoogle.com
When i've been going at it for a long time yeah, cause practicing lots of legato just starts to your left hand tired and tense since that's all you are really using. I've learned to just take 5 minutes like every 30 minutes i'm practicing strictly legato, but you can do it ever 10 minutes or whatever works for you. And don't forget to breathe sometimes we just get so tuned out practicing a lick or w.e and don't realise we are holding breathe to focus, same idea as not forgetting to breathe when you're working out @mericksonmusic

Reactions: mericksonmusic

mericksonmusic

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Feb 21, 2021
Wheeling, Il
www.instagram.com
When i've been going at it for a long time yeah, cause practicing lots of legato just starts to your left hand tired and tense since that's all you are really using. I've learned to just take 5 minutes like every 30 minutes i'm practicing strictly legato, but you can do it ever 10 minutes or whatever works for you. And don't forget to breathe sometimes we just get so tuned out practicing a lick or w.e and don't realise we are holding breathe to focus, same idea as not forgetting to breathe when you're working out @mericksonmusic
That makes sense! I have been trying to work on breathing while playing. I definitely am guilty that I forget to breathe because I am so focused on what I’m learning!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

tysmith2394

New Student
Nov 12, 2019
Hey y’all, I’ve been more aware of where I put my thumb on the back of the neck and I’m having a hard time finding the comfortable or “right” spot. I’m trying to mirror it where I put my index finger, is there a better position for it?