• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Let's get to know each other!

Ashlyn Payne

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hey. So I’m 25 and I’ve always wanted to play the guitar so last year I finally got one and decided to play. Syn is all time fave guitarist and was one of influences I came across. My guitar is just a basic model by Benson and that caused me to nickname it Benny. Can’t wait to get to know people on here

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Hi, im 22 years and have been playing guitar since i was 14 and i likedont it from the start(people have called me addictedere before) I own 15 pedals and generally play through a roland cube. I own a schecter Synyster Gates deluxe, a gypsy jazz guitar (I dont know the brand), Cort KX5FR, and a classicalittle guitar.

Mehdi Belbachir

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hello everyone, I’m 26 from Morocco, I started playing guitar in 2005, unfortunately I stopped for about 7 years now, but i’m willing to get back again and develop myself to become an advanced guitar player, Syn my nu,ber one Guitarist. I”m so excited to learn from each other as community and to grow musically together.

Nadia Prinsloo

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hi! I’m Nadia, 28 from South Africa. I have been acoustic playing guitar since 2004. about 5 years ago i started playing violin and classical guitar.My guitar of choice is my Cort 12 string semi-acoustic guitar! This year i am also starting to recycle old guitar string by making jewelry!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
I’m 19, from Croatia, I’ve been playing guitar for 3 years. I have a schecter damien elite 6 and I’m hoping to finally learn music theory cause I always tried to learn it but I never really did cause I didn’t know where to start and everything was confusing :D. So far this school has helped me alot!

TOLF

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Hi from France! I’m 20, own a Gio Ibanez and recently got a Schecter Synyster Gates Standard. I play since few years simple power chords songs like Greenday or The Offspring, but I really want to progress since April 2017 (just after A7X Paris Bercy live

Dustin Fournier

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hi from Canada eh 🙂 I’m 45, and just started learning a couple months ago. I picked up a Yamaha acoustic and an Epi SG Pro and am loving them both, and loving learning, so far 🙂 i’m taking in person lessons, but am also looking forward to trying out Syn’s lessons and being part of this community. I think he’s done an amazing thing here and I love the community environment.

Jhilou Kiera Madayag

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hi y’all!I will not call you friends but I will call y’all my FAMILY. I am 14 and I started around 8 or 9 as a self taught guitarist. AT first it is very confusing for me to read a chord diagram but of course I went through it. When I felt like I wanted to know more about guitar, I ask my parents to enroll me in one of our local music school and I have lesson there for at least two years. Things were great until school works started to consume all my time. I almost stop playing guitar for a year because of not having much time. This Synyster Gates School is such a big help for me to start again. I am now giving more time for my guitar skill and I am now starting to gain my hope back again.It is such a nice thing to know you guys and share knowledge with you. I know I will learn a lot from all of you adn I will also try to share of my knowledge in music specially in guitar. *hugs and lots of love* -Jhi

Alessandro Riccobono

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Hi everyone! I’m so thrilled to be a part of this community of like-minded, awesome people.
My name is Alessandro and I’m a 21 years old Italian guy who has been playing a lot of guitar for the last 5 years. Being self-taught I lost a lot of time readjusting some issues that came up in my playing a few years ago, and now I’m really looking forward to improve as a guitarist.
A few months back I started “GuitarGent”, my YouTube channel. Since day one it has pushed me to raise the bar of my skills, mainly because of the not-waning-to-look-like-an-idiot spirit.
I honestly can’t wait to experience this community to the fullest.
Have a great day!

Malik Boyd

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hi all! I’m Malik and I’m 19. I was first handed a guitar (a nice all black First Act lol) at age 11 as a Christmas gift. Now I’m rocking on a Schecter Syn Gates lol. A7x quickly became my all-time favourite, with Syn becoming my all-time favorite guitarist lol. Imagine my excitement seeing or hearing anything A7x related in movies, video games, or tv shows haha

Timmy Ruzicka

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hey there everybody! I started playing bass guitar really late – when I was 19. About a year and a half ago (at the age of 24) I needed to pick up a regular guitar so my post-hardcore band could become a reality. I recorded all the guitar and bass on our debut album released few months ago which is for free on BandCamp. Can’t wait to step up to the next level with the help of this amazing community! 🙂

Harry Cronin

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hey, I’ve been playing for a couple of months now and I love A7X. I would love to be as good as syn hence why I’m trying to learn. I was wondering, if I was to post my riffs I’ve learnt and did like a lesson do you think that would be ok? Or should I just play? Thanks

Jason Collins

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hi all. I’m 28 and started noodling around on guitar at 16. Can’t pretend I had the attention span or the drive to take it seriously. Never had anyone to play with, as by the time I picked it up all my friends were shred heads and going through their black metal elitist phases. Not having anyone to play with wore down my enthusiasm, and by 22 I barely played. I was a decent player from a technical perspective, but I never learned how to write my own music, only how to play others’ riffs. Barely picked up a guitar between 22 and 27. Met a friend at work who played drums. Bonded over A7X, and next thing I knew I was butchering the Nightmare solo in his garage. Having someone to jam with regularly reignited that spark. My fiance got me a Chibson for Christmas, and here I am getting the chops to not butcher Syns beautifully written solos, and the know-how to write my own.

Jake Young

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Hi all! I too am super pumped about this! Love seeing that so many people are feeling inspired..makes my heart happy!! I’ve been dedicated to the guitar for 18 years now but like most, have gaps here and there in my musical knowledge. I was guitar tech for the band Bobaflex for about 10 years (shameless plug for them hah) but have retired from the road and am now a bedroom rocker lol so if you guys have any set up questions or questions in general I’m here to help! Did I mention I am beyond excited about this? It’s going to be a magical journey for all of us!!

Dmytro Shmatko

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hey! Been playing for about 9 years now, am 23. Not so good with the whole fast-paced electric sound – more into atmospheric diminished chords and whatever really on acoustic. I’ve been following this for a while, since many ‘famous’ guitarists all tend to give lessons at one point. Syn is lucky that his dad plays so well, and seems to be a very patient teacher. Looking forward on learning new theoretical tricks and of course how to play better.
– Own a white Cort EVL-K6 and can honestly say is one of the best guitars i’ve ever held and played.
Cheers!