• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Let's get to know each other!

Jeremy David

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I’m sure this goes without saying, but I am excited about this site. I figured let’s get to know one another a little. I’m very intrigued to get to know this community! So post a little about yourself here.
I’m 28 and have been playing guitar for 8 years now. Most of those years life got thrown at me we can say and I definitely put the guitar on the backburner. In the past year or so I’ve been practicing more steadily, now with this school I’m going to push myself. Syn is the one that really got me interested in guitar, I’m sure most on here have about the same answer. I’ve been a fan for a long time now lol. My current guitar is a schecter hellraiser fr-s.
I look forward to hearing from everyone. 🤘🤘

Travis Roop

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hey Jeremy! I’m 19, currently playing on an Epiphone SG and I love it! Been playing guitar off and on since I was a kid but am just now starting to seriously get into it. I’m looking to get a Marshall amp and probably some invader pickups. Super excited to get started here!

Joe Giumarello

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
New Jersey
www.tiktok.com
I’m 18, I have a Schecter Hellraiser FRS Passive (love it, worked a minimum wage summer job to earn it lol), I also have a 2004 Gibson Les Paul Studio will a real 1959 PAF pickup. I’ve been playing since 7, but didn’t really start to get into it until about 4 years ago. Just got a Peavey 6505mh and an Orange PPC112 so everything sounds up to par now lol. Big A7X fan, and golfer. Odd combo.

Gene Sullivan

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Don’t feel old, I’m 42. I’ve been playing guitar since I was about 16. I was in a band in college (we described our genre as “loud”), and I was not bad, but life got in the way for a long time. I’ve been practicing more regularly as the kids have gotten older, and recently I joined an Irish folky traditional band. I’m beginning to feel like a musician again, and it’s a magnificent feeling.
I have an Ibanez Iceman, a Telecaster, a Gibson ES-330, and for my last birthday my wife bought me a Schecter Damien Avenger. I can see why Syn likes these – the necks are really wonderful, and the body shape is super comfortable. Much more so than (for instance) my Tele. The Iceman was the guitar I bought for my college band – I wanted something that I didn’t care if people spilled beer on. These days it’s strung up with 6 strings of an 8-string set, in 5ths tuning, G D A E B F#, which sounded like a good idea at the time.

Kyle Gorzelanny

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Michigan
What’s up everyone! I’m 22 and have been playing for a few years. I have a Schecter damien platinum 6FR. Syn and Zacky V have been my guitarist inspiration since I discovered A7X in middle school. I also play piano. I’m excited to see how much I can progress with this awesome group!

Synner Endless Summer Collection
Hello everyone! I’m 26 and I’ve been playing the guitar for many years but I never got serious with my playing. About a year ago, I decided to become the guitarist I always wanted to be and I’ve been practicing on a regular basis. I can indeed see a huge difference in my playing. With this school, I’m sure I’ll be able to play better, help and get help from all the amazing people here. I’m very excited to be a part of this school!

Dylan Tower

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hey! I’m 15, and I’ve been playing guitar for about 2 years now. I love prog and djent, but avenged got me into guitar and syn has been an inspiration to me since day one. Not only do i play metal but I’ve dabbled in pop(ew I was forced), jazz, blues, and classic rock. I love guys like frank gambale and Alan holdsworth, not to mention the god Guthrie govan

Cyrus Cramer

One Stringer
Nov 11, 2019
Sha fizzle my drizzles,
I’m 19 and I’ve been playing for about 6 years now, and have never really considered myself to be anywhere near good. I shred cheese on a Schecter Omen Extreme-6 that I can efficiently play 7 chords on, along with three ADTR songs that inherently sound the exact same.
All jokes aside, I’m extremely excited for this site and the community is has to offer.

Joel Villanueva

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hi All! I’m 38 started playing in my teens then stopped for many years. I picked up the guitar again last year and I have to re-learn/unlearn stuff from all of the years I lost playing. I have a Mayones Setius Blakkheim, Fender Strat AVRI, Schecter Platinum FR6 and a Dean Dime Razorback plugged in on a Randall Classic 100 and ART amp. I am looking forward learning and sharing guitar stuff from all of you guys!

Annie-Claude Daigle

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hiyall!
I’m 29, mom of 3, and very new to the guitar world. I can’t wait to get started…but I have to wait for the monsters to be in bed to play, otherwise, it’d never works lol So it will likely be a slow progression, and I can’t wait to see y’all performances and advices on this journey we all share ✌🏻

Christopher Krause

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hi All,
Great to see friendly faces and fellow students around here!
I’m 21 and based in South Africa. I have been playing guitar on and off for about 15 years now. My weapon of choice is my Ibanez s521.
I can’t wait to see this community develop, grow and succeed as a great place to learn about the magic of music through guitars.

Matt McGee

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hey! I’m a 16 year old from Minnesota, and more often than not (as seen in my username) I am a bassist. I play bass and do vocals for my band and just recently I decided to put more time into progressing as a guitarist as well. I’ve played for 3 years however never actually took the time to learn specifics on guitar! I just know random bits and pieces that work together somewhat and that’s about it. My guitar rig in comparison to my bass rig is lack luster however I am running a Epiphone Les Paul Special II into a first gen Peavey 5150 2×12 combo amp!
I’m hoping to improve greatly through this site and when I’m not busy with school or work I will be sure to check around the site!

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Hello everybody,
My name is Daniel, I am 18 years old and I live in Dubrovnik, Croatia. Some of you may know me as the infamous Lelouch vi Britannia from the A7X forums. But anyway, I’ve been playing guitar for almost a year, and have been taking guitar lessons from a classical guitar professor. I can’t say that my playing is well yet, because I am slacking (procrastinating is what I usually do…), but I’ve said to myself that I just have to get to guitar playing this year, there’s no turning back.

Vicente Ceballos

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Yoooo I just turned 20 years old. I’ve been playing guitar for about 9 years, but I haven’t improved my skills since I was about 17 so I’m hoping this can solve all of my problems. Jk, but I’m excited for the opportunity to learn from syn and his father at no cost.

Dawn Hughes

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hello from So Cal. I am a wife and a mother of two college students. Now that I have a little extra time on my hands I am going to learn to play guitar, thanks to this wonderful School. It is something I have always wanted to do. I am looking forward to this journey with all of you.