• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Let's make this LIVE again! What are your fav concert memories?

Kate Swan

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 16, 2019
Prague, Czech Republic
linktr.ee
Hi! Do you miss live concerts as much as I do? Why not to collect our most beautiful concert experience here in one discussion? Lets share videos/photos we made ourselves, stories, caught picks, drumsticks, meet and greet experience and all what belongs to LIVE concerts as a fish belongs to water! Feel free to share more posts - I myself will do so! Lets just collect the best what we've ever seen and hope to see again, show the others and maybe we will find how much we have in common or we will discover some bands/festivals we wouldn't know without this discussion!

I will start! I've never seen A7x live, but this is a link to a video I made at Lord of the Lost concert (first and the last concert of 2020) in Prague at February 2 2020! It's a German band and the concert signed me most from all concert I've ever seen! They are brilliant live, I felt like if I got an electric shock to my heart :D I didnt want to go there at first, but my friend made me and the rest was a miracle from the beginning - we came 3 hour earlier, so we met a lot of new people before the entrance (and we are friends until now), we were in the first row, I got a pick by the guitarist and they were so friendly, that the concert was full of handshakes, so we went home and were whole black from the colour the band uses as a part of their stage outfit...LOL...The whole story is described in the link, but I dont want to write a novel here, so lets show us YOUR CONCERT MEMORIES!

Lord of the Lost 02.02.2020 Prague

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    I really loved this thread!

So, the best concert memories I have were all provided by Avenged Sevenfold. I have other great memories of other artists too, so, let's talk about them all.

My first A7X concert was in 2011. It was so surreal to see them live for the first time! I remember how excited I was when they started to play my fav song - Afterlife. And when they played Fiction, it was a very emotional moment. I was with a friend whose fav member was The Rev, so we hugged each other and cried while the song was being played. Oh, I also met Dan The Body there.
    My second A7X concert was in 2013, at Rock in Rio! So, imagine how much of a big deal it was (for the band and the fans). I was at the second row, in the biggest festival, surrounded by Slayer and Iron Maiden fans. And A7X absolutely crushed it! And I was still feeling like I was dreaming, because, on the day before, I had the opportunity to meet Shads and Val. And I also got a Syn pick, from a roadie. I met a girl in the bus, going to the festival, who's still a dear friend to me, and I also met other people, at the hotel the band was staying in, that are still my friends.
    My third A7X concert was six months later, in 2014. This time, I was front row. I slept on the street, waiting in line for the show, with the friend I mentioned I met in the bus and other fans. I also made friends there that are still in my life today. It was the best concert ever! The interaction I could have with the band, especially Syn and Johnny... ❤ And I met Jason Berry the day before and met Dan again before the show started.

This made me reminisce so many good moments... I'll be back to talk about other memories with other bands.

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Another special memory I keep in my heart is when I saw Myles Kennedy with Slash. Most people were there to see Slash, but the reason I traveled 1500km to another state was Myles. He is a hell of a singer! And he also plays guitar really well! It was a dream come true, and it was even better because the venue where they played was really small.

I had the opportunity to see Sebastian Bach perform. Even though his voice is not like it used to be, it was an unbelievable experience seeing Tião (that's how Brazilians lovely call him). That guy has so much energy! And I could see classic Skid Row songs being played.

Rob Zombie was a great concert too. I personally don't listen to him much, but his show is rad, seriously! At one point, he got off the stage and went to the crowd. It was insane! And Piggy D was such a sweetheart! I was with three friends and he recognized us from social media and waved at us!

My last good memory is from Metallica. God, do I need to say more? 😆 I was really tired from the other concerts I saw before, but I had to jump, sing along and headbang to their songs. The next day, I woke up feeling my body all sore, and couldn't even move my neck, but it was all worth it!

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    LOVE this thread! Wonderfull idea!
    I would love to share my favorite pics, but usually the site won't let me. Too large images or something.

I do however have a couple of uploads I from videos I took.

A7x Live in Luxemburg, 2017

Disturbed as Co-Headliner with A7x

It was an absolutely great concert and we had a fantastic spot! Disturbed came in strong, but Avenged Sevenfold blew me away. It was during the The Stage tour where they had the Astronaut hanging from the ceiling later in the show. It was phenomenal. And they played Buried Alive, one of my favorite Songs of all time, just like The Stage

System of a Down, 2017 as well

Gotta say, this concert was a bit disappointing. We were far away and SOAD just felt a bit uninspired. They played their songs and left. That's it. We had fun nonetheless

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Rex_Levon

Free Bird Player
    Jan 25, 2021
    DooLooth MN
    1st show ever was BB king in 1999. that was amazing. Run DMC/Kid Rock/Aerosmith 2002 was amazing. It is mandatory for everyone to see GWAR at least once. Of course A7X grabbed everyone by the balls that night. Paul McCartney was surreal as well. I was the front row dead center at Lamb of God and survived. Jill Janus scared the ever lovin johnny christ outta me. She looked straight up possessed. Gordon Lightfoot hits the weak spot. I wish i could have seen Van Halen. Want to see RAMMSTEIN. and to everyone who has seen the sacred Pantera: fuck you.

Last edited:

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    I would love to share my favorite pics, but usually the site won't let me. Too large images or something.

It was an absolutely great concert and we had a fantastic spot! Disturbed came in strong, but Avenged Sevenfold blew me away. It was during the The Stage tour where they had the Astronaut hanging from the ceiling later in the show. It was phenomenal. And they played Buried Alive, one of my favorite Songs of all time, just like The Stage

Gotta say, this concert was a bit disappointing. We were far away and SOAD just felt a bit uninspired. They played their songs and left. That's it. We had fun nonetheless
    You saw two bands that I would love to see live! Disturbed and SOAD. Too bad SOAD felt a little uninspired, but still!

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Mmm nice thread.

Avenged Sevenfold, Quebec 2018: I bought the big VIP thing to have good spots and i ended up at the middle in front of the cat walk. It was incredible to see the guys so up close. Anyways, the show was great and at the end, as usual, they go around and throw sticks and picks and all that. So, basically Syn comes around my zone and the thing is that I have his symbol (the one used in the logo for the school) tattooed behind my hear. I had long hair back then (long gone now...) and so when he came around my zone, I turn my head, pull my hair upwards to and tried to show him my tattoo. Thing is, because of the angle I turned my head, I couldnt see the stage. After like 5 secs, I turn my head back and I see syn on his knee handing me his hand to give me personnaly a guitar pick. I guess he pretty much approved my tattoo which was really cool! I still have this pick to this day framed.

Behemoth, Toronto 2019: They were opening for slipknot on that tour. I got really into them and their music was pretty much my most listened record of that year. It was oddly enough really emotional to see them and I was just headbanging left and right, I didnt care. i was there for behemoth as much as for slipknot. The guys around me didn't seem to care that much so basically I was there jumping and headbanging while everyone around was just chill watching. Anyways, so they start the song ''Chant for eschaton 2000'' and before the song, Nergal (the singer) goes backstage to put fake blood in his mouth to then spit it in the crowd. So the song starts and climax approaches and he comes towards me and im fucking into it and once the climax hit, he just spits his blood on me and after that he and I made eye contact and screamed at each other but like intensly (in the spirit of the show). Was really fucking cool. I still have the hat with traces of the fake blood I had at that show.

2 of my favourite moments!

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Here's the Link to my absolute favorite shots I took at concerts thus far!

... Let's play a game. Try to name all the bands in the pics! I always have only one photo of a band.
    Do you mind if I post the photo you took, of Syn, in my fanpage (with credits to you, of course; I can even add a watermark with your name on it)?

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    After like 5 secs, I turn my head back and I see syn on his knee handing me his hand to give me personnaly a guitar pick. I guess he pretty much approved my tattoo which was really cool! I still have this pick to this day framed.
    Damn! This is so rad!

So the song starts and climax approaches and he comes towards me and im fucking into it and once the climax hit, he just spits his blood on me and after that he and I made eye contact and screamed at each other but like intensly (in the spirit of the show). Was really fucking cool. I still have the hat with traces of the fake blood I had at that show.
    And this too!

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I hold certain concerts particularly close to my heart but that's more due to personal circumstances than the concert experience itself per se.

Basically, I had an accident in the night of March 2nd-march 3rd 2017 and it was pretty bad. The last concert I saw before that was avenged sevenfold in the Ziggo Dome on February 18th 2017 with disturbed and chevelle. Avenged was incredibly good and I blew my voice out(I'm a sing a long kinda guy). They played A little Piece of heaven and I spend the night in a train because I missed the last train that actually would bring me home 😅

When my accident happened I basically spend 2 weeks in a coma but I also had John Mayer ticket so my goal was to pick up studying again and be able to attend the John mayer concert on may 2nd and pick up studying again as soon as possible. I made two exams in June that year(I failed both) and Is as able to attend the John Mayer concert which both were a victory in its own right. What I remember from the John Mayer concert is that I was absolutely mesmerized by his guitar playing and during every guitar solo was in a combination of crying and smiling from ear to ear because It was that good and because I was even able to be there.

During my time in the hospital I listened to the Beatles a lot and my uncle gifted me tickets to go see the analogues(who are an incredible beatles coverband) play sergeant pepper's lonely hearst club band live on June 1st 2017. I remember being incredibly excited for that in the first place and they where absolutely phenomenal but when the played while my guitar gently weeps in the encore I teared up a little bit during the guitar solo.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    I hold certain concerts particularly close to my heart but that's more due to personal circumstances than the concert experience itself per se.

Basically, I had an accident in the night of March 2nd-march 3rd 2017 and it was pretty bad. The last concert I saw before that was avenged sevenfold in the Ziggo Dome on February 18th 2017 with disturbed and chevelle. Avenged was incredibly good and I blew my voice out(I'm a sing a long kinda guy). They played A little Piece of heaven and I spend the night in a train because I missed the last train that actually would bring me home 😅

When my accident happened I basically spend 2 weeks in a coma but I also had John Mayer ticket so my goal was to pick up studying again and be able to attend the John mayer concert on may 2nd and pick up studying again as soon as possible. I made two exams in June that year(I failed both) and Is as able to attend the John Mayer concert which both were a victory in its own right. What I remember from the John Mayer concert is that I was absolutely mesmerized by his guitar playing and during every guitar solo was in a combination of crying and smiling from ear to ear because It was that good and because I was even able to be there.

During my time in the hospital I listened to the Beatles a lot and my uncle gifted me tickets to go see the analogues(who are an incredible beatles coverband) play sergeant pepper's lonely hearst club band live on June 1st 2017. I remember being incredibly excited for that in the first place and they where absolutely phenomenal but when the played while my guitar gently weeps in the encore I teared up a little bit during the guitar solo.
    I'm sorry you went through such a hard time, but I'm glad you recovered from it! ❤ And you were able to see an artist you really love, after all of that, so I can only imagine how emotional it was for you!

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com

That's rough man!
    My John Mayer concert experience was the same! It felt like one guitar solo after the next and it was just great!
    Then we were on the exact same A7x Tour. Chevelle, Disturbed, A7x. Insane Lineup

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com

thank you for sharing those videos!! ♥️ ♥️

iridecently

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Jun 5, 2020
    Groningen
    I saw A7X in 2010 at the Melkweg in Amsterdam, which is a venue which can fit maybe 1200 people at most? Looking back on it, I don't know how that was the venue they played at that point in time, but it was really cool and a weirdly intimate setting for a band as big as they were. Also bless my mom for coming along to this show with my 16 year old self and my 13 year old sister, because being under 18 we wouldn't have been allowed in on our own. She also came with us to an MCR concert in October that year. I don't think she particularly enjoyed either, but that just makes me even more appreciative ❤️

The craziest concert memory I have is an Die Ärzte concert back in 2008 which I went to with a friend and not really knowing the band. Honestly to call it a concert is underselling it, because it was outdoors with three opening acts, which each played an hour, and then the band itself played for another three-four hours. As a 14 year old, this absolutely blew my mind and honestly I am surprised my parents let me go because I think we were home at 4am (sleepover at my friend's place) and had school at 7:30 the next morning 😂

Also my dad had dragged me to two Neil Young concerts thus far, always with the excuse that it's 'part of any good upbringing'. Needless to say I was the youngest person at those shows both times 👶