• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Let’s see those axes!!

Nick Tribble

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
First post here! I was looking back at some old photos and found one of the day I got my schecter syn custom! Unfortunately, I sold the guitar after about a year to help buy my children Christmas but hopefully one day I’ll pick up another one!! What syn models do y’all have and what’s your favorite?

Attachments

• F927CBAD-34A5-41FE-8B28-179E99F25F75.jpeg
    F927CBAD-34A5-41FE-8B28-179E99F25F75.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 86
  • D6E3F3E4-99B2-475A-BC0E-8CEC107893BE.jpeg
    D6E3F3E4-99B2-475A-BC0E-8CEC107893BE.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 92
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Welcome to the family/school! I've got one Syn model which I think will be my last unless I snag a hard tail version as I just don't use/enjoy working with the floyd rose's.
    My first guitar, an Ibanez RG6003FM that's been modified a bit electronics wise.
    118621213_339388887103604_5441381746766397098_n.jpg

My Schecter Synyster Gates Custom S I bought from James Brown, the designer of the Peavey 5150 and Syn's Hellwin amps.
    This was a gift from Syn to James as a thanks for designing his Hellwin amps. I bought it from James in Oct 2020 2 weeks after EVH passed. It's also autographed by James. This guitar will never leave my collection.
    NewGuitar.jpg

Then I got my Sterling 4 string bass
    sterling stingray bass.jpg

Then I got an Ibanez GIO 7 string that I can't find a pic of currently lol.
    My most recent acquisition has been an Epiphone Matt Heafy MKH Origins 7 string. An absolute killer guitar from one of my biggest guitar heroes.
    22031525394-front-xlarge.jpg

Donovan Etue

• Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    • Love
    Reactions: Ed Seith

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Love the Ormsby and Kiesel love, I am curious about the plain explorer shaped one? What's the story/name of that one? Reminds me of the plain/minimalistic Ibanez Meshuggah signatures.
    That’s a one-off, totally unique. It’s a mixture of two Ibanez models - the Iceman and the Destroyer, so it’s sorta called a “Destroyerman.” Paul Gilbert had Ibanez make him a couple of these in the late 80s but they never went production.

This guy who does a lot of pickguards and other custom parts made it and sold it on eBay, and I felt lucky. It’s a mahogany body with a zebrawood neck in a fairly close Jem shape, stainless frets and Evolution pickups.
    Definitely the most unique guitar I own, but I’m not super comfortable with how it lays, so I only play it sitting down. It’s a good rhythm guitar.

Reactions: Donovan Etue

Donovan Etue

• Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    That’s a one-off, totally unique. It’s a mixture of two Ibanez models - the Iceman and the Destroyer, so it’s sorta called a “Destroyerman.” Paul Gilbert had Ibanez make him a couple of these in the late 80s but they never went production.

This guy who does a lot of pickguards and other custom parts made it and sold it on eBay, and I felt lucky. It’s a mahogany body with a zebrawood neck in a fairly close Jem shape, stainless frets and Evolution pickups.
    Definitely the most unique guitar I own, but I’m not super comfortable with how it lays, so I only play it sitting down. It’s a good rhythm guitar.
    I was wondering about the Ibanez influence, that makes a lot of sense. I think I've seen the guitars you're referencing of Paul's. I think he just sold one of them here recently. Some cool specs on it! How heavy is it? I feel like the mahogany body would definitely make it a chunky boi lol. Yeah, the explorer shape isn't my cup of tea for sitting. I just sold my Schecter E-1 FR S recently to cover part of a trip but also to get it to someone who appreciates explorer shaped guitars more. I play in the classical position which this guitar wasn't comfy in haha. Also to not have to do floyd rose maintenance haha.