• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Life

Ian _Invader

Music Theory Bragger
  • Feb 5, 2021
    Schoolcraft Michigan
    Hello everyone! I hope you all are well and staying safe in these times of uncertainty. I'm just making this to see how you are all doing and seeing if anyone needs to talk or vent any stress. ( :
    I was thinking about starting a live stream for everyone to just get to know some of you better! (Absolutely not to show off some guitar skilzz)
    Anyway, Hopefully everyone will be able to say hey and maybe get Syn and Papa G. on also haha. Also, leave some suggestions on topics you might be interested in discussing!
    Unfortunately I haven't been on here that much recently because of a lot of family emergencies and stress and anxiety. Let's pray for those in Ukraine as I have a sister who lives there with her family.
    Thank you all so much for being here for me and everyone else and again I hope you are all well and safe.
    Let me know your thoughts and have a wonderful day : )

P.S. If you want to follow me on instagram Its - ian_rambo_boles . ( :

TrentNWM

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 15, 2019
    Thanks for the post Ian! It’s great to be able to have somebody to talk to over the recent playing in my life. Recently I joined as a lead guitarist in a visual arts group and I’ve had a lot of responsibility as it comes to my part in the whole thing. I have around 3 different solos altogether and practicing and rehearsals for all the songs has been more than really hard work. Over the last few days I’ve become so caught up in perfecting everything that I find almost no time for transitions between songs and it feels like everything falls apart even with my constant attempts at performing my best. It’s honestly a lot to deal with and I was thinking maybe the discussion you’re having could do with how to set up everything on stage and have good transitions so that you’re not overwhelming yourself. Another good idea would be to talk about the different ways that you would keep ultimate composure so that you’re not shaking in your boots when you’re up to solo. Being able to calm yourself to ensure the quality of your playing is a seriously hard thing to do, and it’s always useful to get some inside knowledge into how the greats make sure they’re stage presence is top notch.

My best wishes to Ukraine and all of the innocent lives affected by the invasion. Regardless of what the reasons may be, it’s never justified to put innocent lives of families and children into mortal danger. We’ve been praying every night for the people of Ukraine and hope that the world comes together to bring an end to conventional warfare. Love you all and my best wishes to you!

Ian _Invader

Music Theory Bragger
  • Feb 5, 2021
    Schoolcraft Michigan
    Thanks for the post Ian! It’s great to be able to have somebody to talk to over the recent playing in my life. Recently I joined as a lead guitarist in a visual arts group and I’ve had a lot of responsibility as it comes to my part in the whole thing. I have around 3 different solos altogether and practicing and rehearsals for all the songs has been more than really hard work. Over the last few days I’ve become so caught up in perfecting everything that I find almost no time for transitions between songs and it feels like everything falls apart even with my constant attempts at performing my best. It’s honestly a lot to deal with and I was thinking maybe the discussion you’re having could do with how to set up everything on stage and have good transitions so that you’re not overwhelming yourself. Another good idea would be to talk about the different ways that you would keep ultimate composure so that you’re not shaking in your boots when you’re up to solo. Being able to calm yourself to ensure the quality of your playing is a seriously hard thing to do, and it’s always useful to get some inside knowledge into how the greats make sure they’re stage presence is top notch.

My best wishes to Ukraine and all of the innocent lives affected by the invasion. Regardless of what the reasons may be, it’s never justified to put innocent lives of families and children into mortal danger. We’ve been praying every night for the people of Ukraine and hope that the world comes together to bring an end to conventional warfare. Love you all and my best wishes to you!
    Those are great topics to discuss! And in terms of gaining composure on stage, I find being the one to judge the audience is easier on my mind instead of being judged as the performer. Something that has helped my composer tremendously is practicing as loosely and with as little tension as possible, as this allows you to really be comfortable playing for yourself. It's like 'Seize The Day', When you get to perform just keep in mind that you are playing in front of others for yourself and not always them. Take the opportunity to show people how far you have progressed and that you want them to hear it : )
    It takes practice, but I have faith that anyone can overcome the fear of live performance. Best wishes I hope this helps! : )

TrentNWM

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 15, 2019
    Those are great topics to discuss! And in terms of gaining composure on stage, I find being the one to judge the audience is easier on my mind instead of being judged as the performer. Something that has helped my composer tremendously is practicing as loosely and with as little tension as possible, as this allows you to really be comfortable playing for yourself. It's like 'Seize The Day', When you get to perform just keep in mind that you are playing in front of others for yourself and not always them. Take the opportunity to show people how far you have progressed and that you want them to hear it : )
    It takes practice, but I have faith that anyone can overcome the fear of live performance. Best wishes I hope this helps! : )
    Thanks so much for the help! It really takes time to get comfortable in such a stressful environment and it always helps to have someone talk you through things like this knowing you’re not alone.

Glad that I can talk to some pros that have already gone through what I am right now. Again, best wishes to you and your sister in Ukraine.

ZebbyMcNutty

One Stringer
    Jan 21, 2022
    Great message man.

The situation is strange ain't it, in songs we here a lot about topics of war and sing along to the lyrics, but actually for once going to be probably affected by it at some point makes me grateful for never having experienced a war myself. Not something to take for granted, even though no one should be in that spot in the first place where they experienced it.

Best wishes to everyone directly involved at this moment.

(Also, good that there are no guitar skills involved in the stream, I'll fit right in haha)