• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Livestreaming Music Tech Q&A

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Hi all –
    Planning on doing a livestream soon to cover a bunch of topics related to tech, guitar, and how it applies to SGS. Topics I am planning on covering (first draft):
    1. Intro
    2. AxeFX unit
    a. What is it?
    b. Why do I want it?
    c. How to connect to computer or speakers
    d. building a basic tone (this section will also be applicable to "I just bought an amp... How do I get it to sound good?")
    3. Effects – in virtual or pedal form
    a. Basic overview of various effects
    b. Philosophy of usage and general guidelines
    c. Dissecting a basic heavy metal signal path
    4. The Syn Cab Pack
    a. What it is and how cabs work (high-level, no crying)
    b. Demo with my tones, before/after (A/B)
    5. Q&A
    I was going to add some other stuff, but I think this is going to be long enough already, and if there are topics that require more in-depth coverage another time, I will set up another session.
    My questions for you:
    Are you interested?
    Currently looking at this Friday at 4pm AZT (GMT – 7h) – does this work for your time zone (I know it sucks for India; sorry)
    Am I missing something hugely important within these subjects, or is there something within this subject you want included?
    Facebook Live, Twitch, or YouTube? I can’t stream to Instagram from the PC.
    PS: @jak is helping me with promotion because I suck at that stuff, and she rules.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I’d lick to watch it. AZT is 1am for me but that doesn’t have to be a problem on most days. U fortunately my exams are coming up so I don’t want to stay up too late on most days. Also, this Friday is not a good moment for me either😅 Saturday would be better for me🤗

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Actually, I think I meant to put 3pm. Saturdays are tough for me right now, as I’m training for a long bicycling event, and Saturdays are my long training day (working up to 75-80 miles). I wanted to be at least 1 hr earlier than Jak’s specifically because of some of our European friends, and I forgot I am TWO hours earlier than her, not 1, as I thought.
    So THREE PM AZT.

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    I dont know if youre intersted by it but the main competitor of axe-fx is the Kemper and its a machine I own. Though they are compared a lot, they are not the same machine and don’t do the same thing exactly. If you are intersted either now or another time, I could lend in my input on it! Dont hesitate to let me know!

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Kemper’s a great unit, too. I debated for a long time between the two before I pulled the trigger. I planned on discussing the differences at least at a high level a little, so if you attend and can offer some input or correct me on a misconception, I would greatly appreciate it!

Synner Endless Summer Collection
    J

Jak Angelescu

I would like to encourage you to do this regardless if you only have a few people sign up for it. I advertised for 2 weeks about going live with the buried alive and hail to the king intro. I only had 3 people say that they were actually intrested in attending it. When I went live, I had over 80 people eventually. A lot of people are really weird on the Internet. People don’t like to speak up about anything. I don’t know why that is but they just don’t. And even if you only have 2 people in there, you’re going to make those to people’s lives a h*** of a lot easier! It honestly makes me frustrated because when I posted about the cab packs in my story, I had 5 people writing me with questions. And then in my live feed I had another 5 different people asking me different questions. I go to post up what I posted up yesterday to try to Garner you more attention and I only truthfully had 1 or 2 people asking any questions at all. But please do it anyway. I will definitely be there! You came and showed support in my live feed even though you weren’t necessarily there to learn the intro, you just came for support and it meant the world to me!

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Okay, everyone! This is a GO for THIS FRIDAY, October 19th, at 3pm AZT. See here for the current time in Arizona:
    https://time.is/Arizona
    I will be doing a YouTube Live and as soon as I have the link tomorrow (had to activate the Live feature and wait 24 hours) I will post it here. Thanks and looking forward to seeing y’all!