• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Looking for left handed synyster gates custom

RoaringRowanThunderBender

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Warrenton, NC
    rowm76.wixsite.com
    Hello,

Ive been dying to get a left handed white and black custom, but havent been lucky for a year now. can someone help me or guide me or anything? :/
    Hey there Valienty! I’m also left-handed. The best way I’ve found is to go through a music store or online to get them. To be honest, my parents went through Sam Ash and had them order it in for my birthday.
    It can be pretty hard to find options for us sometimes…

Upvote 0

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    The suggestions of both @RoaringRowanThunderBender and @Jeremy Healey are correct!

Best way is to either go for brand new or hope you find one in the use market which could be quite rare but not impossible, I came across some over time.

One thing I will add is that if you want to buy it new, go to your nearest music store that is a Schecter dealer and they would be able to do a special order for you as it's not the most carried instrument that stores keep in stock!

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Looks like there's a DISTRIBUTOR in the UAE, in the Dubai Mall (Sadek Music Center).

I don't know what the difference is between a dealer and a distributor (possibly that a dealer keeps stock on hand, but a distributor can purchase for you?), but there is that.

You can scheck Schecter's dealers page for other options near you:

Upvote 0

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I found this, but it looks used and not new as described.

I also think it is overpriced for a 2013 model
    This is described as used, but in mint condition. It doesn't look MINT, but it does look to be in pretty solid condition. You could ask about more pictures. Also, cost of used items is based on demand and availability, and with lefties, you're absolutely going to pay a premium, I think, just because there are so few of them. That's why I tend to encourage ANYONE just starting out to see if they can do it on a righty instead - leaves a lot more options for the mortal humans (i.e. the one's who didn't call themselves "Vengeance" because it sounds MORE METULZ than "Baker").

Upvote 0

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Thank you Ed, I did contact them. They said they cannot get the white and black model.

Are those still being produced for left handed folks or not?
    Looks like no - on the Schecter site, the catalog of all Avenger-shaped lefties is just these two:

1640194194792.png

Upvote 0

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Looks like there's a DISTRIBUTOR in the UAE, in the Dubai Mall (Sadek Music Center).

I don't know what the difference is between a dealer and a distributor (possibly that a dealer keeps stock on hand, but a distributor can purchase for you?), but there is that.

You can scheck Schecter's dealers page for other options near you:

So, in essence, here's what a distributor and a dealer are.

Distributor: Basically, these are companies that act as middle man between the manufacturers and the retailer. They are generally the only source who can distribute an object from a certain company. In essence, they will buy in bulk from the manufacturer to then redistribute it to the dealers.

Dealers: Now these are the store that will sell the product to the customer. They will buy the product from the distributor at a certain price and then resell it to the customers with a certain price that is set higher to make a profit. Which is why there can be reductions and the dealers would still make a profit. They are smart about it.

Fun fact: I was told by my managers at the store I worked at that the majority of profits was made by selling the small stuff like accessories, guitar picks, strings,cables,etc.. and not by selling the big instruments like guitars, drums, etc.. Reason for that is that for accessories, it's easier to buy in bulk and therefore pay a lesser price per unit and then resell it with a profit margin that's much larger per unit.

All that to come back to the guitar situation, seems like Schecter isn't making (for the moment) the Syn Custom as a lefty, it only has the custom-s. Now @valienty you said specifically that you wanted the black and silver model. This is the part that confuses me, on the website and image that Ed is showing, you see that under the Black and gold one, you have 2 options for pattern of color which includes the black and silver. But when you click on it, it redirects you to the right handed custom-S. It's strange and it may seem like a mistake that they left there but maybe it's worth you checking it out with your dealer?

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Are there more left handed people in the UK and Australia? I was thinking about this cause they drive on the left side of the road? In those cars to accelerate, is it using the left foot?
    I think the distributor is like a warehouse and the dealers go there and pick stuff up like shopping for groceries and you need a special members card

Upvote 0