• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Looking to buy axe fx 2

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com
I am going to try buy an axe fx 2 in second hand, still expensive but just wanted some clarification if there would be regular updates on the cab packs in synyster gates store. I am a admirer of the stage matched tones from the stem tracks but i feel like I doubt that their will be another stem tracked tone cab pack updates. I would love for waking the fallen, city of evil especially. If not for like next albums their would be stem track tone matched as well. Also I am correct in saying that the axe fx 2 works with the cab packs. If anyone can reply I would greatly appreciate it!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    AxeFX2 works with the cab packs. Look for the original cab pack thread we had going right when they came out. Syn explained further down in the thread where some of the cabs were modeled, and some of them were definitely older cabinets he used on older albums. Of course, the cabinets are just one part of the mosaic of sound for a full “guitar tone,” and I wouldn’t expect him to model a tone from almost 20 years ago for a tone pack, but I’d bet that if he does release a preset pack to go along with the Cab Pack (which looks likely), there would be a follow-up with presets from the next album at some point, as well.