• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Made my own solo, Is it original?

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com
I made this without listening or being inspired by a song but I feel like especially in the beginning it sounds like I'm copying someone but i do not mean to. Whenever i make music with my producers they say not to worry about it because they said everything has already been done before. Just wanted to know if you can pinpoint the song my subconscious mind was playing towards or if you even like the solo.

Ps. like my new guitar?

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com
Definitely digging it dude, and it doesn’t really remind me of anything I’ve personally heard.

love the strat too ! I tried to zoom in on the sticker lol is it a player series ? If so, I have one too and absolutely love it !
yes, player serious hehe. I haven't even taken of the tag I guess im gonna make the tag a kinda relic haha

• Haha
Reactions: Alicia Willis

beatrix

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 19, 2020
    Italy
    I made this without listening or being inspired by a song but I feel like especially in the beginning it sounds like I'm copying someone but i do not mean to. Whenever i make music with my producers they say not to worry about it because they said everything has already been done before. Just wanted to know if you can pinpoint the song my subconscious mind was playing towards or if you even like the solo.

Ps. like my new guitar?
    beautiful the new guitar and- good solo! congrats. man 😉😉 happy new year!🎉

Reactions: Andrew Fernandes
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    London
    www.youtube.com
    Sounds great and doesn't remind me of anything.
    Maybe this is more familiar I tried to change it from this idea because i thought it was someone else melody. Not sure which melody I will use more of but, I recorded this when the idea popped in my head hence more of the mistakes. Then this melody you've seen I tried to make it more different.

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    London
    www.youtube.com
    Damn this is really cool! Can't think of anything that reminds me of immediatly, which is a good sign! Really well done with the bends and the melody! For my personal taste you could have done little longer breaks between the licks to let the solo breathe, but that's just my personal opinion :money-face:
    My main problem is I try to make pop music. I have noticed when I try to do complicated rock-type stuff it makes it less pop haha. IM gonna try to maybe have this as fill or maybe I could even use it as a chorus melody vocal line.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    My main problem is I try to make pop music. I have noticed when I try to do complicated rock-type stuff it makes it less pop haha. IM gonna try to maybe have this as fill or maybe I could even use it as a chorus melody vocal line.
    I think you're up to a good start with this!

Reactions: Andrew Fernandes
    Synner Endless Summer Collection