• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Make The Riff Section Great Again

Jamie London

GYNNER
Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    Shit, I still get nervous posting riffs and what not but everyone here is so cool that it makes it a ton easier and more comfortable to do (even though I only have a few up 😜) but this school really is the coolest place on the interwebs and we’ve got a kick ass community of kick ass people

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I'm not gonna lie, the easiest/best way to improve is by uploading riffs and getting feedback from people about your playing. Maybe they'll say you're nailing it and maybe they'll have some things you can improve on. In the end that feedback helps you get the most upon the school.

Reactions: Jamie London
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    I'm not gonna lie, the easiest/best way to improve is by uploading riffs and getting feedback from people about your playing. Maybe they'll say you're nailing it and maybe they'll have some things you can improve on. In the end that feedback helps you get the most upon the school.

Honestly.. posting your video is best beneficial to you because not only do you get peers giving tips. You see yourself what you are doing. I watch my improv video after on post it. So I watch it for the first time like you do. I see a lot of what I try to do and sometimes I see a better way to do it after I watch it myself. This alone will be huge help to you too. I'm sure you all know where you slip.. but seeing where you slipped helps a lot more since you see the position you were job. Where your hands and fingers were. You may find a better way to position yourself next time when you see how uncomfortable it is the first warm.i also see everytime I forget to alternate pick as slower speeds and just down stroke another terrible habit in breaking.

Lots you can learn from watching yourself is the point im getting at here.