• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Making the Site More of a "Guitar Site"

J

Jak Angelescu

It would be awesome to see more graphics on the homepage that gives everyone an awesome, inspirational reminder of the greats behind this endeavor. It just looks like a social media page at the moment. Something even like a badass photo of Syn wearing his new badass merch on the left with a text that says "Learn the exact techniques that you need to become a rockstar!" Or "The only 100% FREE online guitar school". Something like that! You could have Syn on the left and Papa on the right. Anything that just brings more color and eye appeal to the site instead of just text and buttons.
Also! I get a lot of questions about "where should I start in the school?" it would be awesome to have a feature like that RIGHT when you enter the site and create an account for the first time. It's like a thing that pops up that says "Many students are unsure where to start their lessons. Would you like to take our complimentary placement quiz for a suggestion of where to start?" And even make it a feature on the MAIN PAGE that all current students can see.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
That's a great idea!

It's definitely becoming a bit if a mix between social media and guitar site sometimes. It's not necessarily a bad thing but when you visit the site have a pop-up asking 'have you practiced today?' to keep the focus on playing guitar couldn't hurt you know(not seriously but you get the idea)

Upvote 0

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Something even like a badass photo of Syn wearing his new badass merch on the left with a text that says "Learn the exact techniques that you need to become a rockstar!"
    Or him wearing his badass new guitar strap 🤪

Upvote 0

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    That's a great idea!

It's definitely becoming a bit if a mix between social media and guitar site sometimes. It's not necessarily a bad thing but when you visit the site have a pop-up asking 'have you practiced today?' to keep the focus on playing guitar couldn't hurt you know(not seriously but you get the idea)
    That would actually make me feel Bad🤣

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    That's a great idea!

That feels like a personal attack before it even exists

:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    The placement quiz would be exceptional! Its not guitar related, but....when I started relearning Spanish (I took it for three years in HS) I thought I knew way more than I actually did and started trying to learn from a higher level than I was actually at. I found a site that had a quiz for those with some experience and knowledge to really gauge where you should start and it was a life saver!

There is so much information on this school and I think a lot of players who come here do in fact know a lot, but there may be things in earlier lessons (for instance in the beginner section) that they probably wouldn't even look at. A quiz would be a great catalyst to show people areas of the school where there is some information that they do not know already.

Reactions: Lucrezia and idssdi
    Upvote 0

Lucrezia

Music Theory Bragger
    Dec 30, 2020
    Italy
    The placement quiz would be exceptional! Its not guitar related, but....when I started relearning Spanish (I took it for three years in HS) I thought I knew way more than I actually did and started trying to learn from a higher level than I was actually at. I found a site that had a quiz for those with some experience and knowledge to really gauge where you should start and it was a life saver!

There is so much information on this school and I think a lot of players who come here do in fact know a lot, but there may be things in earlier lessons (for instance in the beginner section) that they probably wouldn't even look at. A quiz would be a great catalyst to show people areas of the school where there is some information that they do not know already.
    Good point. When I first entered the school, I decided to start with advanced lessons (alternate picking, sweep picking... techniques I was actually working on). Then I found out there were some things I didn’t know yet on the beginner and intermediate sections as well and decided to start again from the very beginning.
    I’m not sure how a placement quiz would be like in this case, but it could be helpful for some people

Upvote 0