• Having issues viewing lessons?

We're currently experiencing an issue with the video system we use and will get this fixed soon!

Marshall CODE 25 Users

TrentNWM

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 15, 2019
    Hey Synners! I’ve got a Marshall Code 25 watt amp and I was wondering if you could add pedals while on clean channels. I’m asking this because this is the only Marshall amp I own currently and I wanted to add some effects to that genuine Marshall tone. I don’t see an effects in and out but there is an F/C input for foot switch. If you can add pedals, does anybody have any suggestions that pair well?

TrentNWM

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 15, 2019
    EB33A682-F898-465E-BEE1-9FD6E3822D2A.jpeg

5D8FB068-F851-4BAE-9DC4-09E3DF2A2064.png

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    F/C is generally going to be for a simple (sometimes proprietary) channel switch.

There are a LOT of amps, especially older ones, that don't have an effects loop. And there are a lot of players that ignore the effects loop anyway to add pedals before the amp, so:

Guitar -----> Various Pedals -----> Amp input.

As far as pedals to add, it depends on what you want to do. Reverb is always a solid one, for me, but others prefer delays. Compressors are nice for when the clean channel is on, and a flangeror phaser if you're a Van Halen fan.

TrentNWM

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 15, 2019
    F/C is generally going to be for a simple (sometimes proprietary) channel switch.

There are a LOT of amps, especially older ones, that don't have an effects loop. And there are a lot of players that ignore the effects loop anyway to add pedals before the amp, so:

Guitar -----> Various Pedals -----> Amp input.

As far as pedals to add, it depends on what you want to do. Reverb is always a solid one, for me, but others prefer delays. Compressors are nice for when the clean channel is on, and a flangeror phaser if you're a Van Halen fan.

OMG ED! I never thought of that!
    Man, I can be such a noob sometimes! I've just always had the effects loop on amps and never thought of running the pedals before the amp, I feel so silly lol.
    Thx so much Ed you're the man!

• Haha
    Reactions: Ed Seith
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Mauro FILHO

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Nov 11, 2019
    Hey Synners! I’ve got a Marshall Code 25 watt amp and I was wondering if you could add pedals while on clean channels. I’m asking this because this is the only Marshall amp I own currently and I wanted to add some effects to that genuine Marshall tone. I don’t see an effects in and out but there is an F/C input for foot switch. If you can add pedals, does anybody have any suggestions that pair well?
    Hi! I have a marshall code 50. I use a footswitch to change the presets, and works fine for me. The rest you can update by your cellphone with the app gateway