• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Marshall CODE 25 Users

TrentNWM

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 15, 2019
    Hey Synners! I’ve got a Marshall Code 25 watt amp and I was wondering if you could add pedals while on clean channels. I’m asking this because this is the only Marshall amp I own currently and I wanted to add some effects to that genuine Marshall tone. I don’t see an effects in and out but there is an F/C input for foot switch. If you can add pedals, does anybody have any suggestions that pair well?

TrentNWM

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 15, 2019
    EB33A682-F898-465E-BEE1-9FD6E3822D2A.jpeg

5D8FB068-F851-4BAE-9DC4-09E3DF2A2064.png

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    F/C is generally going to be for a simple (sometimes proprietary) channel switch.

There are a LOT of amps, especially older ones, that don't have an effects loop. And there are a lot of players that ignore the effects loop anyway to add pedals before the amp, so:

Guitar -----> Various Pedals -----> Amp input.

As far as pedals to add, it depends on what you want to do. Reverb is always a solid one, for me, but others prefer delays. Compressors are nice for when the clean channel is on, and a flangeror phaser if you're a Van Halen fan.

TrentNWM

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 15, 2019
    F/C is generally going to be for a simple (sometimes proprietary) channel switch.

There are a LOT of amps, especially older ones, that don't have an effects loop. And there are a lot of players that ignore the effects loop anyway to add pedals before the amp, so:

Guitar -----> Various Pedals -----> Amp input.

As far as pedals to add, it depends on what you want to do. Reverb is always a solid one, for me, but others prefer delays. Compressors are nice for when the clean channel is on, and a flangeror phaser if you're a Van Halen fan.

OMG ED! I never thought of that!
    Man, I can be such a noob sometimes! I've just always had the effects loop on amps and never thought of running the pedals before the amp, I feel so silly lol.
    Thx so much Ed you're the man!

• Haha
    Reactions: Ed Seith
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Mauro FILHO

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Nov 11, 2019
    Hey Synners! I’ve got a Marshall Code 25 watt amp and I was wondering if you could add pedals while on clean channels. I’m asking this because this is the only Marshall amp I own currently and I wanted to add some effects to that genuine Marshall tone. I don’t see an effects in and out but there is an F/C input for foot switch. If you can add pedals, does anybody have any suggestions that pair well?
    Hi! I have a marshall code 50. I use a footswitch to change the presets, and works fine for me. The rest you can update by your cellphone with the app gateway