• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Matt confirms album will ship prior to summer 22 tour dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
The surprise release was an amazing idea and the hype was there..people didnt understand the album at first. Some still dont. It took a few listens and the sales suffered from that. The fact of planning the release for the fans to know makes no difference in that matter in my opinion.

They did that right even with the live show on the rooftops. I also saw other artists doing the same thing now. The record companies hate it. But I personally love it.

I domt really agree .. the tighter the band the easier things come together. Alice in chains recorded the nutshell ep in under a week. They recorded and wrote and mixed everything in that week or so. One session. It's VERY possible to put the music out quickly. Especially when the chemistry is so tight.

None of avenged albums really sound alike so I highly doubt that's even a factor either. I just cant figure out why they'd make up excuses over the past year saying they were held back when it's becoming more and more clear that they just put it to the side for family. Which again I'll say is understandable. But it's still disappointing as well to know it'll be almost 5 years between albums.
Metallica. 8 years between death magnetic and Hardwired. Both extremely solid albums that returned to their thrash roots. And im a huge metallica fan, and its been 5 years since hardwired. Metallicas been around for almost 40 years, youre telling me they need to be super tight and put out an album every couple years because they have it “figured out”?

the sound alike was just a common issue that musicians in general run into. Imagine youre a big band at the start of your career, you have so many ideas, so many influences, you can come up with original material like its nothing. avenged has been around for 22 years now. You cant sit there and tell me they dont go in and write riffs and scrap it because “sounds too much like A song off nightmare, or “basically the same riff from A different album” their image rides on their music, thats how they shape what Avenged sevenfold is, and if theyre not happy with it they have every right to scrap what theyve made and start over. And all the fans can do is bitch about it lol but it wont change anything!

Batbia

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 11, 2021
    Brazil
    Metallica. 8 years between death magnetic and Hardwired. Both extremely solid albums that returned to their thrash roots. And im a huge metallica fan, and its been 5 years since hardwired. Metallicas been around for almost 40 years, youre telling me they need to be super tight and put out an album every couple years because they have it “figured out”?
    Exactly what I was going to say! Metallica released 4 albums from 1983 to 1988, 5 years, yet it took them 8 years between Death Magnetic and Hardwired... To Self Destruct. And the next one can take the same time, maybe less or maybe more, we don't know yet. But my point here is, as musicians get older, they can't follow the same recording/touring routine they did when they were younger and that's perfectly acceptable. They have families, they have physical limitations, and the more material they release, the harder it gets to come up with different things than the previous ones.

Excited to see the new A7X record, and I hope Brazil is in a better situation by its release, so it can be included in a possible tour 🤞🏼🍀

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019

the sound alike was just a common issue that musicians in general run into. Imagine youre a big band at the start of your career, you have so many ideas, so many influences, you can come up with original material like its nothing. avenged has been around for 22 years now. You cant sit there and tell me they dont go in and write riffs and scrap it because “sounds too much like A song off nightmare, or “basically the same riff from A different album” their image rides on their music, thats how they shape what Avenged sevenfold is, and if theyre not happy with it they have every right to scrap what theyve made and start over. And all the fans can do is bitch about it lol but it wont change anything!
    You took what I said and twisted it right around. I did not say that just because it takes 5 years the band isn't tight.

I said if they really sat down and jammed for 2 weeks they'd have a great album. People complain when things are the same but they complain if it's different too. Who cares if you copy a previous progression.. there are TONS of a7x songs that sound like others. That never should be a factor when writing music imo. Let the average fan complain who can't understand why progressions are recycled over and over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.