• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Maybe buying a Bass... Do I need an amp?

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    Thanks for the info man! Doesn't sound super promising yet. I do not own an interface and do not plan on getting one for now. For my guitar I use my Boss Katana directly into my pc. Is there a way to connect your instrument to your pc without an interface?
    There are cheap usb cable interfaces. Some say they work well, some say there is a latency. The cheapest I've seen is 2,50 euro.
    I actually used a regular audio cable once and it got a decent sound (for playing not recording), I just never got it working again, but you could try that haha.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Dustin Stevens

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Maine
    m.youtube.com
    Hey there! I am really considering to buy a Bass but don't want to spend even more Money on a Bass amp. Especially because I would need one I could directly plug Into my PC for recording.

Now I already heard that you should be careful using a guitar amp with a Bass. But what I Wonder now, are there good and preferrably free Options to Plug my Bass directly Into my PC and use this as an amp? How would I even Plug my Bass Into my pc? 😂

Captain @Ed Seith got any Tips on that maybe? 😄
    The route i took with this is i got a line 6 helix with an frfr speaker and i use both guitar and bass through it. I know that may not be an option but the hx stomp is the same thing but a lot cheaper. There is also other pr
    Hey there! I am really considering to buy a Bass but don't want to spend even more Money on a Bass amp. Especially because I would need one I could directly plug Into my PC for recording.

Now I already heard that you should be careful using a guitar amp with a Bass. But what I Wonder now, are there good and preferrably free Options to Plug my Bass directly Into my PC and use this as an amp? How would I even Plug my Bass Into my pc? 😂

Captain @Ed Seith got any Tips on that maybe? 😄
    I bought a line 6 helix and it has guitar amps and bass amps and i just rum it through an frfr speaker and that route has worked well for me. I understand thar they are expensive but there are cheaper alternatives such as the hx stomp. Im not to familiar with kemper or axe dx products but for me it is an all in one solution and also is usb interface.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
    Synner Endless Summer Collection