• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Mission Accomplished

Zesty Rage

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    After months of practicing and studying I've finally completed the beginners course of this awesome site. I've played for years and when I found this community the CAGED method was unheard of to me and that's when I knew I had to take the time to take advantage of what this website has to offer. Next up for me is spending the weekend to learn the Circle of Fifths which I already have a general idea of what the circle of fifths is since my music teacher and my mentor talk about it quite a bit. I'm pretty proud of this milestone in my journey and never thought I could even come close to improvising the way I have been lately. Thanks to the SGS community I'll be next in line to shred on stage 😁

Zesty Rage

• Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    Good.

Now go back and revisit the lessons again. I didnt really make strides til my 2nd and 3rd time though them.
    This is actually my 3rd time revisiting the lessons. That's why it took me months to get the hang of the CAGED method. I didnt want to put it out there that I'm finished with the course until I could at least start practicing over jam tracks. But no worries because I'm sure this won't be my last time revisiting the material. There's actually been a couple of times that I've hopped back and forth between lessons just because my brain organizes the information differently.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    This is actually my 3rd time revisiting the lessons. That's why it took me months to get the hang of the CAGED method. I didnt want to put it out there that I'm finished with the course until I could at least start practicing over jam tracks. But no worries because I'm sure this won't be my last time revisiting the material. There's actually been a couple of times that I've hopped back and forth between lessons just because my brain organizes the information differently.
    So you're about where I was. I felt so accomplished the first time then I revisited lessons and saw more patterns and connections made more sense. Things pg said also made more sense too. He says a lot of random stuff that really boosts other lessons that surrounded the lesson you were actually on.

Zesty Rage

• Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    So you're about where I was. I felt so accomplished the first time then I revisited lessons and saw more patterns and connections made more sense. Things pg said also made more sense too. He says a lot of random stuff that really boosts other lessons that surrounded the lesson you were actually on.
    Yeah when I first started going through the lessons I felt like I was just really stupid because in all honesty I flew through the lessons and just memorized patterns and I didnt really pay attention to what PG was trying to tell me. So I took a break because I felt like I couldnt get it. Came back to it about a week later and started right from the beginning. I really paid attention this time around and started actually hearing what PG was telling me (instead of just half listening and half playing over what he's telling me) everything started making sense and I really started to put his exercises and techniques to work and I feel like I've definitely gotten to where I wanted to be at when I thought of how I would play when I finished the course. I ran through it one more time just to double check the material and now it's time to move onto some of the intermediate stuff for me. But I'll definitely still revisit the beginners lessons just to find those roots that I need from time to time.

Synner Endless Summer Collection