• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

More New Chords With Old Chords Am- Dm- E7 – Lesson 15

Imactuallyadrummer

Campfire Attention Holder
May 27, 2020
Toronto, Ontario
My background....which I have said in my intro post.... I basically never picked up a guitar before and am genuinely going through these lessons very carefully.
I am taking my time with them and not moving on until I feel comfortable to some degree, and even going back and repeating some exercises for practice.
I'm patient but I do feel that I am significantly slowing down on this set of lessons. Is it normal to slow down in progression here or should I re-examine my fundamentals which might be making these harder? Hope that made sense!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
My background....which I have said in my intro post.... I basically never picked up a guitar before and am genuinely going through these lessons very carefully.
I am taking my time with them and not moving on until I feel comfortable to some degree, and even going back and repeating some exercises for practice.
I'm patient but I do feel that I am significantly slowing down on this set of lessons. Is it normal to slow down in progression here or should I re-examine my fundamentals which might be making these harder? Hope that made sense!
There are two things you probably should consider:

1. Anything new takes time to develop and that's not as much about slowing down your progress it just takes time to develop it

2. Having solid fundamentals makes said new thing easier to develop and helps progressing faster

However, the second point is no guarantee that that's always the problem. So you can check on your fundamentals but it's not guaranteed that it suddenly makes you progress faster. Certain things are simply harder than others 😅

Imactuallyadrummer

Campfire Attention Holder
May 27, 2020
Toronto, Ontario
There are two things you probably should consider:

1. Anything new takes time to develop and that's not as much about slowing down your progress it just takes time to develop it

2. Having solid fundamentals makes said new thing easier to develop and helps progressing faster

However, the second point is no guarantee that that's always the problem. So you can check on your fundamentals but it's not guaranteed that it suddenly makes you progress faster. Certain things are simply harder than others 😅

Yeah I guess that was just a really articulated way to say I'm really struggling with chords and wanted to know if that was normal! Lol
I think I've just forgotten what it's like to be completely new at something :ROFLMAO:

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
You're gonna feel those slowdowns more often as you get into trickier techniques and chords. Dont let it stump you.