• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Morning Brew interview with Syn & Matt (NFT’s)

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina

I stumbled upon this interview with Syn and Matt discussing NFT’s, their utility of the band, and the future etc,

I know in other A7X based outlets like discord and Reddit there has been quite a divide and that is NOT what this discussion is about, so let’s keep it chill and educational y’all.

I personally do not own any NFT’s, I’ve read up on them and crypto currency and I LOVE the real world utility that A7X is offering their fans, but I personally am still on the fence because I’m an old biddy who does shit on her terms hahaha. Jk, kind of….

I know many of you guys just minted and got some fucking amazing art (yeah, I peep the discord 😎)

Share them with us !

Did you get a rare one ?

What got you into them?Was it strictly because of A7X?

What advice would you give to anyone interested but weary and unsure where to start?

Drop the knowledge 👇

T

TheRedMageGuitarist

I only got one because Syn gifted me one😂😂 he randomly texted me a link and said "read up into this shit. It's gonna be big." I read it 10 times and couldn't understand any of it. But of course, @Holly Vin Gruinelle was already well more versed in it than I was so she explained it to me. I still didn't get it. Little did I know what future of A7X Syn was trying to prepare me for almost 6 months later.

I talked to Syn and still didn't understand it. It wasn't until about a month ago when a7x was really pushing it that it clicked. To be honest? Syn don't hate me, I wasn't on board it with. I LOVED and UNDERSTOOD why others were stoked about it, because in the grand scheme of things it's truly valuable stuff. Like Tom Macdonald making a platinum hit with an nft of Eminem. I see the value, but I just couldn't risk my money.

On a live stream of a student, Syn found out I didn't get one of his deathbats. My honest reasoning was like "Dude, he and I are so cool that I have the privilege of talking and texting the guy whenever, he's given me two guitars and more I won't go into, he hooked me up with my single at Costa Mesa studio, I've received a guitar lesson, endless meaningful conversations, a life-saving book, and so much more."

There was literally nothing else I could have asked for. I said in the chat "I want others to have a similar opportunity."

Syn essentially said "shut the hell up" and gave me one😂😂

I got a basic, but I'm beyond honored and happy with it. Holly monitors her crypto daily. And with her guidance and knowledge i really do see the benefits. I think I can make and sell merch with mine, and I think I will one day🥰🥰

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I only got one because Syn gifted me one😂😂 he randomly texted me a link and said "read up into this shit. It's gonna be big." I read it 10 times and couldn't understand any of it. But of course, @Holly Vin Gruinelle was already well more versed in it than I was so she explained it to me. I still didn't get it. Little did I know what future of A7X Syn was trying to prepare me for almost 6 months later.

I talked to Syn and still didn't understand it. It wasn't until about a month ago when a7x was really pushing it that it clicked. To be honest? Syn don't hate me, I wasn't on board it with. I LOVED and UNDERSTOOD why others were stoked about it, because in the grand scheme of things it's truly valuable stuff. Like Tom Macdonald making a platinum hit with an nft of Eminem. I see the value, but I just couldn't risk my money.

On a live stream of a student, Syn found out I didn't get one of his deathbats. My honest reasoning was like "Dude, he and I are so cool that I have the privilege of talking and texting the guy whenever, he's given me two guitars and more I won't go into, he hooked me up with my single at Costa Mesa studio, I've received a guitar lesson, endless meaningful conversations, a life-saving book, and so much more."

There was literally nothing else I could have asked for. I said in the chat "I want others to have a similar opportunity."

Syn essentially said "shut the hell up" and gave me one😂😂

I got a basic, but I'm beyond honored and happy with it. Holly monitors her crypto daily. And with her guidance and knowledge i really do see the benefits. I think I can make and sell merch with mine, and I think I will one day🥰🥰
    I love the 180 you went here, from being concerned to possibly using it in the future for your own endeavors.
    I get it though when you mention being concerned about your money. I’ve had the same feeling with stocks, which are different but there is still a risk involved though, though slightly lower though from what I’ve gathered in my own research. I don’t even watch the stocks we own and tell Ashley not to tell me about them because it makes me soooo anxious haha. And crypto is just like on a whole different level idk if my heart can take it.

• Love
    Reactions: TheRedMageGuitarist

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Me personally I won't be involved in it anytime soon. It reminds me too luch of the stock market. And I've heard tales from friends at work about companies who play the system to get you to buy into their stock. They then sell all at once to watch it crash. Whether it's TRUE or not I couldn't tell you but its turned me away. Especially at Christmas time.

I have no real.issue with the ideas my only issue is the greed that came with it. Multiple people got 3 or more and i cant understand why youd want that. Makes it harder for people who have to save up to acquire one. But like I said I wasnt gonna bother anyways as its Christmas time and I'm moving soon and need deposit cash.

Plus knowing my luck I'd get involved in the wrong spots and lose money doing the crypto.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    As someone with a 25 year background in working IT for traditional banking, I am an absolute and unabashed skeptic. Still, I minted one of my own Deathbats, and Syn also gifted me one, as well. Neither is "rare," so both will only have basic perks, the details of which we're still waiting on. I think it's kinda cool, and I see the pros and the cons.

Pros: Perks, potential for value increase, Web3 fan club, kinda cool, new frontiers, the community and creative aspect of it, unregulated and decentralized, you can sell at any time if you lose interest (try doing that with a fan club membership)

Cons: no "real world" value at present - if the blockchain encryption isn't overhauled and upgraded before quantum computing becomes a thing outside a lab, ALL of crypto will be worthless in a nanosecond, unregulated and a tweet from someone like Elon Musk can change fortunes - plus or minus - on a dime, I didn't get any rare perks, scams are complex and easy to fall for - and you have ZERO protections from them if you fall victim, GAS (the cost of every transaction on the blockchain, buying, selling, minting, anything) is REALLY expensive)

At this point, any involvement in crypto should be looked at like Las Vegas - NEVER invest anything you can't afford to lose, because while a $400 investment could make you a millionaire, it can also make you someone without $400. It can also make you a millionaire until Elon tweets and then it's all gone - maybe temporarily, maybe not. Either way, don't spend the grocery budget, rent, or petrol money on crypto - EVER.

I remain a skeptic, but I'd be very pleased to be proven wrong. I will hold on to my two and see what happens, probably for quite a long time. I am not as excited about it as many (but getting excited about things is not really my jam, anyway), but I also think the ANTI-crypto folks on the A7X reddit are toxic AF. It's okay to not "like crypto" without hating the band or people who have some, and it's NEVER cool to run around saying the guys are doing crypto because they're out of money.

They fuckin ain't. NEVER forget Syn pays for this shit you're looking at right now out of his own pocket, and he's losing money on it, and he's OKAY with that.

That's my thoughts, for what they're worth. Here's my guys:

IMG_9102.jpg

The one on the left is DeathBob. He has his own Twitter feed with more followers than I have already. He's telling his dark, mysterious and occasionally funny (I hope) origin story with one tweet per day.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    As someone with a 25 year background in working IT for traditional banking, I am an absolute and unabashed skeptic. Still, I minted one of my own Deathbats, and Syn also gifted me one, as well. Neither is "rare," so both will only have basic perks, the details of which we're still waiting on. I think it's kinda cool, and I see the pros and the cons.

Pros: Perks, potential for value increase, Web3 fan club, kinda cool, new frontiers, the community and creative aspect of it, unregulated and decentralized, you can sell at any time if you lose interest (try doing that with a fan club membership)

Cons: no "real world" value at present - if the blockchain encryption isn't overhauled and upgraded before quantum computing becomes a thing outside a lab, ALL of crypto will be worthless in a nanosecond, unregulated and a tweet from someone like Elon Musk can change fortunes - plus or minus - on a dime, I didn't get any rare perks, scams are complex and easy to fall for - and you have ZERO protections from them if you fall victim, GAS (the cost of every transaction on the blockchain, buying, selling, minting, anything) is REALLY expensive)

At this point, any involvement in crypto should be looked at like Las Vegas - NEVER invest anything you can't afford to lose, because while a $400 investment could make you a millionaire, it can also make you someone without $400. It can also make you a millionaire until Elon tweets and then it's all gone - maybe temporarily, maybe not. Either way, don't spend the grocery budget, rent, or petrol money on crypto - EVER.

I remain a skeptic, but I'd be very pleased to be proven wrong. I will hold on to my two and see what happens, probably for quite a long time. I am not as excited about it as many (but getting excited about things is not really my jam, anyway), but I also think the ANTI-crypto folks on the A7X reddit are toxic AF. It's okay to not "like crypto" without hating the band or people who have some, and it's NEVER cool to run around saying the guys are doing crypto because they're out of money.

They fuckin ain't. NEVER forget Syn pays for this shit you're looking at right now out of his own pocket, and he's losing money on it, and he's OKAY with that.

That's my thoughts, for what they're worth. Here's my guys:

View attachment 2347

The one on the left is DeathBob. He has his own Twitter feed with more followers than I have already. He's telling his dark, mysterious and occasionally funny (I hope) origin story with one tweet per day.
    I dont think they are out of cash but I do think they are planning to make the big bucks with this. I'd assume (syn can correct me if I'm wrong) there is some value overall the band makes for every death at that is sold and resold. Especially if market values increase.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I dont think they are out of cash but I do think they are planning to make the big bucks with this. I'd assume (syn can correct me if I'm wrong) there is some value overall the band makes for every death at that is sold and resold. Especially if market values increase.
    They have said, repeatedly and publicly, that roughly 95% of the money made on these will be reinvested in the Club itself.

HOWEVER, the more people there are buying and selling crypto, the higher the value goes for any of it. It’s a bit of MLM (multi-level marketing) sleight of hand. They’re not doing anything disingenuous with it and they absolutely plan to offer the fans the value, but it is a reality that the more people there are in crypto, the more crypto is worth.

Jeremy Healey

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend+
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    Here are my 3! Was super skeptical and had zero knowledge about NFTs or crypto for the weeks leading up to the release. I was even convinced I was going to take a big pass on this whole thing. BUT of course it wouldn’t leave my mind and it ate it me until I scrambled to make a wallet and to buy ETH. Anyways, here’s the result 😅 needless to say I’m happy with the results aha

Attachments

• AD1D5882-6460-4D52-B458-AA63B331EDFA.jpeg
      AD1D5882-6460-4D52-B458-AA63B331EDFA.jpeg
      49.1 KB · Views: 119

Awex Came

Campfire Attention Holder
    May 23, 2021
    I minted 3, and Syn gifted me one as well. I minted a rare one, so they’re gonna send me care packages twice a year along with the base perks. Someone offered me $1700 in Ethereum for it already. Once all 10,000 have been minted, thats when the prices for the regular ones will shoot up more. You’ll be at the mercy of the secondary market if you want to be a part of this exclusive A7X fan club.

76034E53-6F52-4E8A-BB51-EDB228CA57A9.jpeg
    5C0B1139-2747-4D01-9084-9952834273D9.jpeg
    C7ACC3ED-DD4B-4775-95E8-A0ABD7494759.jpeg
    8557C527-F68F-4367-B1A5-694B470B96EC.jpeg

Anna.VG

Campfire Attention Holder
    Mar 14, 2021
    Mexico
    www.instagram.com
    I just have one and it’s all thanks to Syn who gifted me this beauty. I got a basic but I’m so in love with it🥰

Obviously I know all this world thanks to A7x, I joined their discord at the beginning and since then I’m trying to get more and more educated. On my part I can understand like all the basic terms but there’s still some things I can’t comprehend at 100% it’s a whole process🤍
    502B5EF9-F6A8-4C23-8407-2CE694DFF1F2.jpeg

Saphyra

New Student
    Dec 16, 2021
    France

I stumbled upon this interview with Syn and Matt discussing NFT’s, their utility of the band, and the future etc,

I know in other A7X based outlets like discord and Reddit there has been quite a divide and that is NOT what this discussion is about, so let’s keep it chill and educational y’all.

I personally do not own any NFT’s, I’ve read up on them and crypto currency and I LOVE the real world utility that A7X is offering their fans, but I personally am still on the fence because I’m an old biddy who does shit on her terms hahaha. Jk, kind of….

I know many of you guys just minted and got some fucking amazing art (yeah, I peep the discord 😎)

Share them with us !

Did you get a rare one ?

What got you into them?Was it strictly because of A7X?

What advice would you give to anyone interested but weary and unsure where to start?

Drop the knowledge 👇
    I got my deathbat thanks to helping of everyone in collecting of ETH and I got this one ^_^
    Screenshot_20211216-211219_MetaMask.jpg

Last edited:

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    This is a really good point, and I definitely agree with it, which is why I've not yet dipped my toes in and I think is the big reason most are weary. Also, the gas fees as you mentioned are climbing higher and higher it seems. If I did the math right, its up to like $71.51 USD now. Thats like 2 1/2 tanks of gas in my car lol.
    I'm still not 100% sure I understand why gas fees fluctuate, doesn't it have to to with how much stuff is added to the blockchain and higher gas fees push certain things through quicker ?

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    I have a Deathbat thanks to Syn that gifted me one and made it possible ❤ I've been educating myself since the discord opened and the project was announced (july?), but there is still a LOT I don't know about this world.
    At first I was a bit skeptical, but of course the real life perks that the Deathbats Club provide convinced me.
    That said here is my Bat, nothing rare but I love it and I'll hodl forever 🤘

IMG_20211215_202716.jpg

Last edited:

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    The only thing that I personally want to mention and advise is the following: educate yourself and be responsible.

Whatever you do in the Crypto space, you have to be on top of it and at least know and understand a little bit of what you are doing in order to understand what to expect. There is no promise but only potential for greatness. And that is dependant on a lot of different factors that are always evolving.

There are risks involved on a lot of different front and the most important thing to keep in mind is that YOU are responsible for your goods and investment. If you lose it, there is no insurance company or customer service to come and help. All the gains will be yours just as much as all the losses will be yours and that is the freedom that this space wants to provide.

But that freedom comes at a price which is ever dependant on you. Be responsible. Be educated. This world is yours to take but only if you are ready to do the work.

That's about all I want to say on the subject.

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    True words, Radu, and of course, for anyone who’s got a little remorse from sitting this out, there are still at least 2,000 Bats that have not yet been minted, so anyone can still connect to the web3 site and discord and get their own bat. There are still plenty of rare bat traits available too. See the Avenged Sevenfold Discord for information and yes, HELP, figuring out what you need to do and how to do it.

Alicia, gas seems to fluctuate based on supply and demand, just like real gas, but the price is much more volatile minute to minute and also goes up and down a lotmore than real gas. I minted mine like an hour after minting opened and I found a lull - my gas was under $35.

I still see GAS as a problem that needs fixing because that’s not a good way to get business done, but that will evolve over time.

Matt Wildcat

The Fierce Deity
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Looking forward to giving this a listen! I got 3 bats to start with (one of them is currently in a trade but that doesn't seem to be going so well so let's just say I have 2... Yikes!). Nothing rare, but aesthetics aren't too bad at all, and gives me something fun to play with as I learn how to use After Effects! Can't wait to see what DBC has in store for us!

I must say, NFTs are fun imo, but please, please do be careful. Make sure you're not taking any risks you can't afford to lose, and don't go into it thinking you're immediately gonna win big. As Ed said, (#WhatEdSaid) it's definitely like Vegas.

And if you trade, be extra fucking careful and only do it if you actually trust and know the person (or use a trusted middleman). Don't be like my dumbass. Rip. 😅

Attachments

• h8IETI9I9qh5xxe5gWekXQf9xxx16tiYkG7MEasW-gjh11BFEJM4JBtNJU6QOGNWDVE-sgVPkxwv1TykIxAIsdB0xZbRqV...png
      h8IETI9I9qh5xxe5gWekXQf9xxx16tiYkG7MEasW-gjh11BFEJM4JBtNJU6QOGNWDVE-sgVPkxwv1TykIxAIsdB0xZbRqV...png
      4.9 MB · Views: 120
    • iLm6zd7eX5LJ_nrRHqyhd2Mw0i-tP6RlNxnhpAly99J0UN41syrGmB3m7ZPnNm8Spi87dyqwIOzPp0Zvnbl183aLaSIDQ1...png
      iLm6zd7eX5LJ_nrRHqyhd2Mw0i-tP6RlNxnhpAly99J0UN41syrGmB3m7ZPnNm8Spi87dyqwIOzPp0Zvnbl183aLaSIDQ1...png
      1.2 MB · Views: 103