• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Morning Brew interview with Syn & Matt (NFT’s)

Saphyra

New Student
Dec 16, 2021
France
Looking forward to giving this a listen! I got 3 bats to start with (one of them is currently in a trade but that doesn't seem to be going so well so let's just say I have 2... Yikes!). Nothing rare, but aesthetics aren't too bad at all, and gives me something fun to play with as I learn how to use After Effects! Can't wait to see what DBC has in store for us!

I must say, NFTs are fun imo, but please, please do be careful. Make sure you're not taking any risks you can't afford to lose, and don't go into it thinking you're immediately gonna win big. As Ed said, (#WhatEdSaid) it's definitely like Vegas.

And if you trade, be extra fucking careful and only do it if you actually trust and know the person (or use a trusted middleman). Don't be like my dumbass. Rip. 😅
For having my deathbat don't worry, all my ETH were from the A7X server ^_^

Jamie London

GYNNER
Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    I’ve got my bat bois! Nothing super rare but really wasn’t looking for a guest or undead or anything haha. They’re very cool, I understand why people are so eagerly trying to get them, but I think what the band is doing here is going to provide so much real world utility and excellence that I’m just happy to be a part of it at all, and I love the bats that I have.

As has been stated above, please be careful and do your own research. Follow your gut and do what feels right to you. I’ve been into NFTs since June and crypto since the start of 2021 and I’ve had a blast with both of them, but they aren’t for everyone and for those who are interested there is a lot to learn, especially at first! Aaaaanyways, here are mine! (I do have one other but I’m holding it back until the DBC is all minted out so I can give it away to someone who wasn’t able to mint or snag anything off the secondary):

867E9CE7-9C0A-42B9-8BA0-4A78EEE1B0E7.jpeg
    F79DFA1A-90D9-4484-8C60-E7780CE8EF21.jpeg
    B647F847-A73C-4749-B3DE-EA7280B94D62.jpeg

Last edited:

Awex Came

Campfire Attention Holder
    Legend
    May 23, 2021
    Also, the gas fees as you mentioned are climbing higher and higher it seems. If I did the math right, its up to like $71.51 USD now. Thats like 2 1/2 tanks of gas in my car lol.
    I'm still not 100% sure I understand why gas fees fluctuate, doesn't it have to to with how much stuff is added to the blockchain and higher gas fees push certain things through quicker ?
    Alicia, gas seems to fluctuate based on supply and demand, just like real gas, but the price is much more volatile minute to minute and also goes up and down a lotmore than real gas. I minted mine like an hour after minting opened and I found a lull - my gas was under $35.

I still see GAS as a problem that needs fixing because that’s not a good way to get business done, but that will evolve over time.
    Ethereum 2.0 is *supposed to* roll out in the beginning of the 2021 and is a major network upgrade that will make the entire blockchain more efficient, more energy efficient, and stabilize gas fees. Gas fees depend on the load of transactions going through the blockchain. And there's people that run computer nodes that process and validate these transactions and they get paid in ethereum for it, so the gas fees kinda go to them as payment for doing that. Pay more, and you're further in line so to speak. Definitely ridiculously expensive at the moment, but hopefully Eth 2.0 helps with that.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    noice. i dont fully understand the utility behind these yet
    Others can explain it better than I can, but basically each Deathbat is a key - a key to a new kind of fan club that will have lots of options, gifts, and benefits (cutting the line at shows, permanent deep discounts on merch, etc). Some of the keys have rare traits that open other options - there's a trait that gives the holder free tickets to A7X shows for life. Free meet & greets at the shows. There's a couple that get you a free guitar and lesson once a year from Syn, another that is a free round of golf with Matt once a year.

All of the deathbats were generated randomly for everyone AFTER they were purchased - all for the same price. Even if you were gifted one by Syn, it could be a basic Bat or one with rare traits - no one (not even Syn) knew beforehand who would get what.

If you get tired of being in the Club, or want different "perks," you can trade or sell your Deathbat (key) to another fan or collector.

The expectation is that over time, especially once all 10,000 are minted and out in the wild, they may ALL become rare and desirable, which increases their value to potential buyers.

Does that help?

Riffs&Lix

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Others can explain it better than I can, but basically each Deathbat is a key - a key to a new kind of fan club that will have lots of options, gifts, and benefits (cutting the line at shows, permanent deep discounts on merch, etc). Some of the keys have rare traits that open other options - there's a trait that gives the holder free tickets to A7X shows for life. Free meet & greets at the shows. There's a couple that get you a free guitar and lesson once a year from Syn, another that is a free round of golf with Matt once a year.

All of the deathbats were generated randomly for everyone AFTER they were purchased - all for the same price. Even if you were gifted one by Syn, it could be a basic Bat or one with rare traits - no one (not even Syn) knew beforehand who would get what.

If you get tired of being in the Club, or want different "perks," you can trade or sell your Deathbat (key) to another fan or collector.

The expectation is that over time, especially once all 10,000 are minted and out in the wild, they may ALL become rare and desirable, which increases their value to potential buyers.

Does that help?
    Yes that helps immensely! Your response was thorough and eloquent, and written in granular detail! Thanks a ton!

Synner Endless Summer Collection
    It's definitely something sticky and you definitely need to really Research into it before you invest any moderate amount of money. It's essentially like gambling and that is the truth. It is also like the stock market in some regard. You're gambling with your money in hopes that something will be worth more than what you pay for, and you can hope and pray it doesn't drop in value lol. At least, when you go to sell it.
    But this further proves what Ed said, Elon must just recently posted on his Twitter that doj plans on being used for Tesla products, so now doj has literally had an exponential growth in value. So this is kind of the point. You never know what token is going to be valued at what because you never know who's going to Tweet what. Bitcoin is up a little bit, but it's also about ready to do having so who knows.
    Melania Trump apparently is going to do an nft, Eminem did an nft as Jack said and apparently Snoop Dogg just did one too. It's trendy right now so it's going to be high value. But Trends can last a long time, or they can drop flat on their face so who knows. But I think ultimately everybody can agree they are sick of the financial institutions

Kfir Yaakovi

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Israel
    I'm not into crypto, but I've been an A7x supporter for so long.
    Especially being a @Syn Gates student here on school, for many years now.
    Supporting whenever I can for us family and community, so I did mint a few :)

Got some rares (shook, ghost)
    I'm reselling non-rares to try to get some others, so I'm not done :D

abcd.JPG

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    I'm not into crypto, but I've been an A7x supporter for so long.
    Especially being a @Syn Gates student here on school, for many years now.
    Supporting whenever I can for us family and community, so I did mint a few :)

Got some rares (shook, ghost)
    I'm reselling non-rares to try to get some others, so I'm not done :D

View attachment 2374
    Awesome Bats Kfir!!! 👏👏

Reactions: Kfir Yaakovi

Ethan Keeling

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Aylesbury, England
    I feel that the fact you have the chance to win all this cool stuff like tickets for life draws a-lot of people in who don't understand NFT's to buy them, but chances are you will get a common and that is what you need to prepare for. If you get a common and can say "oh well, that hasn't financially affected me" then thats ok, but for some people loosing $400 (I say loosing as there is NO guarantee that you gain) will be tough. People have earned hundreds of thousands from NFT's, but these are mainly the crypto punks which are more appealing to more people in the overall market. If you can't afford to loose I wouldn't buy, but if you do buy and don't get what you wanted I would defo hold it and hope the market prices go up or you get some decent perks. Peronally I would love one but can't afford, so i'm definately not against them and do see NFT'S and the metaverse being the future, and for us to live in a cashless society someday (which I hope doesn't happen because, well, taxes haha).

Awex Came

Campfire Attention Holder
    Legend
    May 23, 2021
    I feel that the fact you have the chance to win all this cool stuff like tickets for life draws a-lot of people in who don't understand NFT's to buy them, but chances are you will get a common and that is what you need to prepare for. If you get a common and can say "oh well, that hasn't financially affected me" then thats ok, but for some people loosing $400 (I say loosing as there is NO guarantee that you gain) will be tough. People have earned hundreds of thousands from NFT's, but these are mainly the crypto punks which are more appealing to more people in the overall market. If you can't afford to loose I wouldn't buy, but if you do buy and don't get what you wanted I would defo hold it and hope the market prices go up or you get some decent perks. Peronally I would love one but can't afford, so i'm definately not against them and do see NFT'S and the metaverse being the future, and for us to live in a cashless society someday (which I hope doesn't happen because, well, taxes haha).
    Even the common ones have value and utility though. Every DBC NFT lets you skip the line at shows, exclusive merch drops, merch discounts, special metaverse utility, and more to be announced, so the $400 isn’t exactly a loss. You gain no matter what. But it’s up to you if those things are worth $400. And once all 10,000 are minted, you’ll likely be able to sell the common ones for more than you paid for it.