• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Moving forward

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Welcome to the SGS! :syngates:
    I'm also a beginner, so I can't help you that much, but one thing that I always do is revisiting Papa Gates' lessons over and over, and practice his chords exercises. Also, everyday I practice a little bit of strumming, experimenting with new ways to hold the pick, to find which one feels better to me.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Hi, start from the first section and try to learn the names of the notes on the guitar, at least the whole notes not sharps or flats.
    It'll help a lot in the future. You can skip around lessons and track your progress. Best thing if you need help is to post a video with your questions if you need help or feedback. There's lots of lessons on techniques with jam tracks, tips and a discussion thread. \../, :skull:
    Lessons11 and 42 are two of my favorites and learning the Major scale is a good idea.
    I drank a lot of coffee o_O

Last edited:

Dereks

Campfire Attention Holder
    Feb 27, 2021
    United States
    Hi, start from the first section and try to learn the names of the notes on the guitar, at least the whole notes not sharps or flats.
    It'll help a lot in the future. You can skip around lessons and track your progress. Best thing if you need help is to post a video with your questions if you need help or feedback. There's lots of lessons on techniques with jam tracks, tips and a discussion thread. \../, :skull:
    Lessons11 and 42 are two of my favorites and learning the Major scale is a good idea.
    I drank a lot of coffee o_O
    Thanks so much! I forgot to mention I took piano lessons for 5 years so I know all of the basics of theory. Rn I'm working on making my picking more legato because every thing I try and make sounds really staccato right now. Thanks though🤘🏼

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Thanks so much! I forgot to mention I took piano lessons for 5 years so I know all of the basics of theory. Rn I'm working on making my picking more legato because every thing I try and make sounds really staccato right now. Thanks though🤘🏼
    Welcome ! There’s a lot of awesome info in the beginner section, but if your looking primarily for picking techniques check out the intermediate section. Also if you’re having any issues with a picking technique post up a video to the media section and we can check it out and steer in the right direction !

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
    Synner Endless Summer Collection