• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Music with duet lines

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Hi all,

Does anyone know any songs or music (classical music especially) with duet lines ( guitar or strings) similar to the ones we can hear on City of Evil? (I mean pretty close to the ones on city of evil, in terms of atmosphere)?
Pretty much 85% of the stuff by A7X themselves. Check out Nightmare album :)

I've limited knowledge on other bands, but you can also check out Black Veil Brides. They're the closest i can think of to the CoE vibes. Other bands with decent harmonizing duos include Bullet for my Valentine, Trivium(though not as heavy), Iron Maiden of course, any pretty sure many more.

Last edited:

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Hi William, I mean harmonized lines. ( The chorus of the wicked end is a good example).
    Haven't heard that song in a long time, so good. A7x was known for dueling guitars and blazing solos. I have an idea of how it's done (written), but I don't know or can't think of any other songs/bands ATM (at the moment). I like to listen to other styles of music and imagine it could all be done on guitar(s). I'm a bit confused right now, so maybe my conversation is off. Sorry about that

Reactions: Matthieu Dubois

Matthieu Dubois

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
  • Nov 11, 2019
    France
    Hey Williams and Muz , thank a lot for taking time to answer me.

The bands you mentionned were already on my mind. There is also Queen, Megadeth and Boston.
    And as I'm writting the name of those bands i'm realizing that Queen's sound might be the closest one to City Of Evil. I mean there is something "wild" in this sound.

But I'm pretty sure there might be some classical music composers that have similar sound. (I mean that "wild" sound we can hear on COE).

• Love
    Reactions: William B.
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Hey Williams and Muz , thank a lot for taking time to answer me.

The bands you mentionned were already on my mind. There is also Queen, Megadeth and Boston.
    And as I'm writting the name of those bands i'm realizing that Queen's sound might be the closest one to City Of Evil. I mean there is something "wild" in this sound.

But I'm pretty sure there might be some classical music composers that have similar sound. (I mean that "wild" sound we can hear on COE).
    Do you have song comparisons of Queen and Avenged Sevenfold? Queen was my first tape :D Took it from my dad. me=:poop:

Matthieu Dubois

• Nov 11, 2019
    France
    Do you have song comparisons of Queen and Avenged Sevenfold? Queen was my first tape :D Took it from my dad. me=:poop:
    Well the harmonized section on Bohemian Rhapsody solo has something very similar to city of evil's solos. I don't really know how to describe it. I would think of something very aerial, soft. That's what I'm looking for.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Bach, I haven't heard much classical music (knowingly). When I listened, it was pleasant. Heard stuff and didn't look to see what I was hearing...... I'm going to listen to Fishbone now

I like that Chopin Nocturn and I think Vivaldi. I don't know much or names. Listened to less than 20 hours

Matthieu Dubois

• Nov 11, 2019
    France
    Bach, I haven't heard much classical music (knowingly). When I listened, it was pleasant. Heard stuff and didn't look to see what I was hearing...... I'm going to listen to Fishbone now

I like that Chopin Nocturn and I think Vivaldi. I don't know much or names. Listened to less than 20 hours
    Thanks Williams,

Yes those are the guys I listen when I want to hear harmonized music but i wonder if there are modern classical composers writting that kind things.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Thanks Williams,

Yes those are the guys I listen when I want to hear harmonized music but i wonder if there are modern classical composers writting that kind things.
    Yeah that's cool, maybe film scores ( music from movies ) probably horror type movies have aspects of classical. Just a guess.
    I heard like almost 2 hours of Beethoven a week or two ago, I was in awe on some of it. Was stressed out at the time, it had this calming refocus type effect on me. Really nice, I would for sure like to hear modern compositions. I myself kind of prefer the stuff that's a bit melancholic and hopeful. I don't really like it when they get too loud with the volume swells.
    Maybe you got a recommendation for me?

I just thought, it can't be classical if it's modern. :unsure:
    Maybe it's labeled Neo Classical

Last edited: