• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

My debut album is out, just wanted to know what you guys thought of it?

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com
I wanted to show you guys it's not about the clicks, to me it's more important about seeing how my art is perceived. Obviously, it would be exciting for it to be successful. Just really want to see how you guys perceive it. I spent 2 years on this album. Thank you for taking the time to listen.

Rudy Zibar

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Canada
Thank you. Here is the youtube link.
I listened to the whole thing on yt. The album itself is very well done, I enjoyed it. Very nice music production on your end! Your vocals are unlike any other conventional vocals that I've personally heard, but it oddly grew on me. Definitely not my typical listen. I really liked how "Throwing Away the Key" sounded personally. Very Nice work, I could tell you worked hard on this, Keep it up m8.

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com
I listened to the whole thing on yt. The album itself is very well done, I enjoyed it. Very nice music production on your end! Your vocals are unlike any other conventional vocals that I've personally heard, but it oddly grew on me. Definitely not my typical listen. I really liked how "Throwing Away the Key" sounded personally. Very Nice work, I could tell you worked hard on this, Keep it up m8.
Thank you for listening to my album means a lot. Throwing away the key I was very scared about that song so it's nice to hear you like this one.
What genre would you place the album in?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I hear hints of Jahn Mayer, David Bowie, Some really interesting choices in arrangement and instrumentation that kept me surprised and interested. Some nice playing and cool guitar tones, too. And some really good hooks.

There's a lot to be proud of here, Andrew!

As for genre, it mostly seems to have an 80s pop-rock vibe, if you had a really ace producer guiding you and tightening things up with a layer of artificiality :).

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    London
    www.youtube.com
    I hear hints of Jahn Mayer, David Bowie, Some really interesting choices in arrangement and instrumentation that kept me surprised and interested. Some nice playing and cool guitar tones, too. And some really good hooks.

There's a lot to be proud of here, Andrew!

As for genre, it mostly seems to have an 80s pop-rock vibe, if you had a really ace producer guiding you and tightening things up with a layer of artificiality :).

Thank you, Ed. Really means a lot your response, it is very helpful! :)

I composed basically everything there are only some gaps composed by the producer which were the bass. Most of the drum tracks are ai the logical drummer track. Throwing away the key I had a lot of my input in the drum track it is probably noticeable hehe. I am really proud of the bass I did in "all alone". Only in the song "All alone" I did do all the bass. I could do it for all tracks but I did it to save time as studio sessions were limited. For the song all alone, I was listening to a lot of jazz I actually think I put a post here asking how do you learn to like jazz. I think I was listening to very experimental jazz, smooth jazz is actually nice. So when I started to make all alone with the piano chords I tried to make them sound more "ugly" I am really proud of that piano part. The only song I was trying to sound like somebody else was "Stay close to me" I tried to sound like Bryan Adams's heaven... Because I watched a lot of Rick Beato I didn't use auto-tune, only some flex pitch. I plan to do another album ironically following John Mayers advice on how he created sob rock as he said he wanted to create something unique and not heard of before like a niche not thought of. I only started to listen to John Mayer sob rock after I had completed the album. For Stay close to me I did all the effects and panning etc of the instrumentation with waves plugins etc. My producer adjusted only the volume levels and he did the vocals processing. I did do other track effects mixing too such as "throwing away the key" the orchestral sounds.

Syxguns

One Stringer
  • Feb 8, 2023
    Houston, Texas
    Listened to the entire album and I want to say you did a great job. I definitely got a David Bowie vibe when listening. You had some very unique changes in timing and pauses. The one song that really hit was, "Stay Here Alone". For some reason with the pauses in the song, I was expecting one thing that almost happened.

You had a build-up I just wish it would have had a little more than just a bass drum. The organ was fantastic, but I wanted the guitar to really rip it for a good quick riff ending on a high note before everything fades. Then vocals by themselves start the next line and have the music slowly build up before the song fades to nothing.

Ahh, that would have really made that song kick me in the backside! I even pulled out my guitar and started playing along with it. Yeah, you broke me with that song. I don't know why. I think how it has these stops, and you don't know what's coming next. Awesome tune!

Category: Soft Rock or contemporary rock

Great job on a project that I know took a long time. I can hear all the layers with vocals and different instruments. Superb!🎸

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    London
    www.youtube.com
    Listened to the entire album and I want to say you did a great job. I definitely got a David Bowie vibe when listening. You had some very unique changes in timing and pauses. The one song that really hit was, "Stay Here Alone". For some reason with the pauses in the song, I was expecting one thing that almost happened.

You had a build-up I just wish it would have had a little more than just a bass drum. The organ was fantastic, but I wanted the guitar to really rip it for a good quick riff ending on a high note before everything fades. Then vocals by themselves start the next line and have the music slowly build up before the song fades to nothing.

Ahh, that would have really made that song kick me in the backside! I even pulled out my guitar and started playing along with it. Yeah, you broke me with that song. I don't know why. I think how it has these stops, and you don't know what's coming next. Awesome tune!

Category: Soft Rock or contemporary rock

Great job on a project that I know took a long time. I can hear all the layers with vocals and different instruments. Superb!🎸
    Thank you! For that song, I didn't get enough sessions. I really had to work hard to make the song passable. My album was made with a charity. They say they are the first record label for artists with mental health etc. I normally had funding for my sessions which would be like 12 sessions. I think I spent 12 sessions on "All alone" etc. The funding comes from the government something happened with the funding etc. So I had to try to work from home. I really admire what I created for "stay here alone" the issue was I wasn't able to correlate the correct timing with the producer it was really rushed etc. Even once I was in the studio for 3 sessions etc. The microphone had an issue and we spent like 40mins trying to resolve it. So we had these pauses to kinda correct the timing. As there were no more sessions offered to really get the track completed how I would have liked. In saying that I really love the solo I did in that. For not this day is when I was made aware of my funding stopping I had 5 sessions for that song. Then stay close to me was able to compose myself and worked from home to bring in a project file and complete a really nice song for 5 sessions.

Reactions: William B.
    Synner Endless Summer Collection