• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

My Guitar

Zesty Rage

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    I've been a bit inactive lately on the forums while I go through the lessons again so I thought I'd share the story of my favorite guitar "Doll". I named my guitar after the love of my life who has also been my wife for the past 7 years. I got this guitar during the month of our 5 year anniversary. This was before my wife got pregnant and since we didnt have any responsibilities like kids at the time we decided to uhhh..."Go on a trip" if you know what I mean. It was our first time doing anything like this so we decided to lock ourselves in the house and see how the night played out. During the crazy experience I decided it would be a good idea to throw on some of my favorite 80s Rock and Roll music videos. (Now mind you at this point I hadn't even touched a guitar since I was 17) but then it hit me like a gunshot when one of my most favorite songs came on and it reminded me why I wanted to play guitar in the first place. The song was Thunderstruck by ACDC but what really captivated me was seeing Angus Young playing on stage in that music video. Angus has always been a big inspiration to me but seeing him dance on that stage while playing one of the most iconic rock songs of all time was extremely empowering and inspirational. Seeing how free he was and how much fun he was having doing what he loved doing most is what brought me back to the guitar. So a few weeks later I spent a good chunk of my savings to buy this guitar and remembered how much I loved playing. Which is why I named my first guitar in over 6 years after the love of my life Kayla Doll. I wanted to share this story because I've never told anyone why I wanted to play again and the reason is simple. I want to make a career out of doing what I love. No matter what it takes. I hope anyone who reads this will find the inspiration they're looking for to just keep moving forward and get where they want to be with their instrument. :skull: :spinning-guitar: :rock-hand:
    20210624_183216.jpg