• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

My latest EP is up on Spotify

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Okay, just gave the whole EP a listen! The songs are good but I can't connect to the names whatsoever. Nothing makes me think of zombies, demons or spiders when listening to it. How was your thought process there? Is there a backstory to these titles? :)

Also all songs seem very lead focused and I feel like that can be a little overwhelming having straight up lead playing / single note phrases in your ear 4 mins straight. Would have loved to have some catchy riffs in between!

• Love
    Reactions: Andrew Milner

Andrew Milner

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    Okay, just gave the whole EP a listen! The songs are good but I can't connect to the names whatsoever. Nothing makes me think of zombies, demons or spiders when listening to it. How was your thought process there? Is there a backstory to these titles? :)

Also all songs seem very lead focused and I feel like that can be a little overwhelming having straight up lead playing / single note phrases in your ear 4 mins straight. Would have loved to have some catchy riffs in between!

The titles are actually based on several feelings, both happy and menacing, when meeting several Doom monsters. As for riffs, I'm not a very riff-oriented person, but this is a matter of taste in the end. However, I get what you're saying and it is something that I can work towards for variety.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber